Thread: Rubner Tuner availability?

Default Rubner Tuner availability?

So, I've been thinking about replacing the clunky tuners on my Silverangel with some Rubners, since they get such good reviews here...

I'd like to get the brushed nickel tuners with the black buttons... really, just about any of their tuners with the black buttons would be OK.

Problem: on the Rubner website, almost all of the F model tuners say "sold out". I check back every few months, but they always say sold out. I've probably been looking at them for about a year now...

Are they still making mandolin tuners? How / where do you guys get these tuners?

Thanks!
    2015 Silverangel F
    2014 Stiver F

Default Re: Rubner Tuner availability?

Quote Originally Posted by Jstring View Post
    So, I've been thinking about replacing the clunky tuners on my Silverangel with some Rubners, since they get such good reviews here...

I'd like to get the brushed nickel tuners with the black buttons... really, just about any of their tuners with the black buttons would be OK.

Problem: on the Rubner website, almost all of the F model tuners say "sold out". I check back every few months, but they always say sold out. I've probably been looking at them for about a year now...

Are they still making mandolin tuners? How / where do you guys get these tuners?

Thanks!
    I just went to the Rubner web site. Of the 6 F style mandolin tuners 3 read "sold out". The other 3 read "Sale". I know I bought Rubner tuners this year in July, from the web site. Two sets. One F, one A. There is also a phone number there and an email. They were very responsive when contacted. Also helpful.
    Collings MF (2016)
    Gibson Custom Shop F5G Wide Nut (2010) Dave Harvey.

Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"

Yes, contact Kent George at Rubner by phone or email and he will be happy to tell you what is available. If you want a specific set that says "sold out" there is usually (in my experience) a waiting time of up to 6 weeks.
    www.apitiusmandolins.com

What is good Phaedrus? and what is not good?, need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

4. The following members say thank you to Oliver A. for this post:

Thanks guys, it's Friday night...I'll give him a call on Monday and see what he says...
    2015 Silverangel F
    2014 Stiver F

I have been waiting 2 months for a replacement tuner from Kent, not sure what's going on, but might be due to shipping delays. He thought it would be two weeks.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Quote Originally Posted by pops1 View Post
    I have been waiting 2 months for a replacement tuner from Kent, not sure what's going on, but might be due to shipping delays. He thought it would be two weeks.
    That does sound odd. I agree. Got mine within a few days back in July.
    Collings MF (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by willkamm View Post
    That does sound odd. I agree. Got mine within a few days back in July.
    Did you buy the tuners with white buttons? Those seem to be available... ones with black buttons have said "out of stock" for a year now...
    2015 Silverangel F
    2014 Stiver F

Mine have black buttons and are loose. Kent said they were having machining problems and would replace the tuners, could be that is why no black button tuners for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstring View Post
    Did you buy the tuners with white buttons? Those seem to be available... ones with black buttons have said "out of stock" for a year now...
    Both of my sets have black buttons. Purchased in July of 2016. On line. At the website. I just went back to the Rubner website. There are "F" mandolin tuner sets with white (1) Brown (1) and black (2) buttons all that read "Sale". The website permits me to put those in the cart. Yes there are 2 or 3 F style that read "sold" out.
    Collings MF (2016)

Very old thread but an update you might not know about ! Rubner had a fire and they are in the process of retooling, etc ! Rubner has redesigned their F tuners and hopefully will become available in late September according to Kent !
    My two favorite pastimes are drinking wine and playing the mandolin but most of my friends would rather hear me drink wine! Adapted from quote by Mark Twain------supposedly !

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankees1 For This Useful Post:

This is a response I received yesterday from Kent George:

Jim,

Several models will be available soon. We are not done calculating overall cost, but we think the new RMp design will start at $180.00.
    Sets will include screws and head stock bushings.
    Until we get the new design completed, we are holding off taking any special orders.
    Once everything is ready, you can order any combination of designs that we don't stock.
    Hope this helps!

Kent
    Cabin Fever String Band, Bill Gorby and the Musical Mercenaries

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jim simpson For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

So glad to hear. I went searching and saw that the F styles were mostly out of stock, it seemed. Thanks Jim and Kent!
    2017 Collings MT (Gloss Top, Wide Nut)
    1999 Ratliff R-5
    1913 Gibson A Oval
    1912 Gibson A Oval

16. The following members say thank you to lflngpicker for this post:

You don't want the old style F tuners as there were/are problems with them but the new F tuners are suppose to be much improved !
    My two favorite pastimes are drinking wine and playing the mandolin but most of my friends would rather hear me drink wine! Adapted from quote by Mark Twain------supposedly !

18. The following members say thank you to yankees1 for this post:

Rubner makes a great product and has stood behind it. I had an older set of A style with ebony buttons where the buttons came loose. Yhey were great and replaced the tuners. Good folks and great product.

20. The following members say thank you to pops1 for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by pops1 View Post
    Rubner makes a great product and has stood behind it. I had an older set of A style with ebony buttons where the buttons came loose. Yhey were great and replaced the tuners. Good folks and great product.
    I agree that Rubner's are great tuners and I have them on my Girouard Oval A. Hopefully the Luxury F tuners will be available sometime in September for my F4 that Max Girouard is building.

22. The following members say thank you to yankees1 for this post: