Thread: Cristofaro method Russian/French edition & Branzoli method

Michael Reichenbach

Default Cristofaro method Russian/French edition & Branzoli method

I have recently found the mandolin methods by Cristofaro and Branzoli on the site of the Russian State Library.

I could download the methods, but this is not so easy if you don't speak Russian...

The Cristofaro method (Vol1 & Vol2) is in Russian / French, the Branzoli method in German.

The scans are in good quality. Both methods are complete methods which cover a great part of the classical mandolin technique.

I have just uploaded the methods to IMSLP so they are now available from there as free downloads.

Cristofaro method

Branzoli method

I will add the links to my collection of mandolin methods on my website www.mandoisland.de.
    Homepage: www.mandoisland.de / Blog: www.mandoisland.com / Freiburg / Germany

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mandoisland For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Cristofaro method Russian/French edition & Branzoli method

I downloaded both volumes of the Cristofaro method. As in the Ranieri method, hints on how to exactly practice tremolo are rare.
    It's just:"move the feather up and down as fast as possible".
    But it has those nice recreational pieces at the end of each chapter.
    I just started working on the second one, "Little Guitar".
    But I suspect that similarly to Napoleon Costae's "La Récréation du guitariste", for me it'll be rather hard work than recreation.
    But it looks like pleasant work, thanks for the upload, Mandoisland.

4. The following members say thank you to crisscross for this post:

As I said, I downloaded both volumes of the French/Russian version. The nice thing for my taste is, that it's heavy on music, not just scales and exercises. Almost all examples have a second mandolin to accompany the first one.
    In that way, it's similar to the Ranieri Method.
    As someone who is still considering himself kind of a beginner at classical mandolin playing, I started from the beginnng.
    The first piece I practiced a little more seriously was No.13, "Allegro giusto". It alternates between tremolo and staccato.
    I played an aproximation of the second mandoiln on my classical guitar, just broken chords.

BTW: The Russian text is a nice inspiration to brush up on my rusty Russian and learn some music-related words,
    The word for Staccato in Russian is отрывистый, which means something like choppy.

Once again: спасибо мандо-остров! (thanks Mando Island)

Blog Entries

That's great to hear. Very much appreciate how you go to the effort of sharing your progress as you explore. Bravo.
    Eoin

"Forget that anyone is listening to you and always listen to yourself" - Fryderyk Chopin