Thread: I'm attending Monroe Mandolin Camp this year is Nashville! Yay.

Smile I'm attending Monroe Mandolin Camp this year is Nashville! Yay.

Hello Café.
    I've been a member of the forum for a long time and have always enjoyed our online community. I don't post as much as I read.

I have always wanted to attend Monroe Mandolin Camp. Well this year, I bit the bullet and signed up! I am so excited for this adventure. Its going to be fun learning and picking Monroe tunes on mandolin with my fellow enthusiasts!

I just wanted to put up a post about it. I don't really know anyone that is attending but I certainly look forward to making some new mandolin playing friends!

If it weren't for the Mandolin Café, I'd not have known about this camp. It appears to be a great opportunity for some great instruction and fellowship with other mandolin players!

Cheers!
    2003 Gibson A5L

2012 Gibson Custom Advanced Jumbo
    2005 Gibson 'True Vintage' Original Jumbo

1920 Bacon Open Back

2. The following members say thank you to dan@kins for this post:

Default Re: I'm attending Monroe Mandolin Camp this year is Nashville! Y

I've toyed with the idea of attending some kind of camp, but I can't get past the cost aspect. I always think in terms of using the money toward instruments, plus I fear another addiction.

Let us know how you like it.

Daniel,

I am green with envy!!

You will have a blast and learn a ton. I attended the Monroe Mandolin Camp last year and really enjoyed it. Life stuff got in the way or I would be doing it again.

I would definitely encourage bringing a recording device. When I got back from camp last year, life got busy for a while and I didn't get much practice time in for a couple of months. When I got around to it later, the printed materials they provided at camp, together with my recordings, were good enough for me to remember what I had learned and what I need to work on.

Rich

I did it last year and it was fantastic. Can't make it this year, but will definitely repeat.

I'd love to make it someday, but will not be anytime soon with three kids under the age of 5.

From what I can tell they are very organized and I really like the focus on Monroe. I've been playing mandolin a long time. Yet in the last two years I've gotten deeply into old time fiddle style of Kentucky and have been putting in the woodshed time on the fiddle. I've never really worked on my Monroe tunes much and figured this would help me both keep my mandolin skills up AND help get me going with a focus on Monroe style. Thanks for your replies! I'm very excited and ready to go to Nashville! I'd love to hear from anyone else that has gone or is planning to go! Thanks. Dan.
    2003 Gibson A5L

1920 Bacon Open Back

You will have a great time! It's always a blast and the people you meet are amazing.
    Craig Coleman
    Harleton, TX

Gilchrist #702
    Giacomel #113 "The Black Pearl"

The Coleman Brothers & the Lone Star Boys

I had a GREAT time! Also, it was nice to meet you Craig. and to play your mandolins. You have some nice instruments and a cool tattoo.

Now I will set about learning the wealth of practice material I brought home with me!

Anyone considering this camp, I would urge you to give it try. Top notch instruction!
    2003 Gibson A5L

1920 Bacon Open Back

Blog Entries

You enjoy it, Dan! Sounds like a great opportunity. I congratulate you and wish you a great time.
    2014 BRW F5 #114
    2022 Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

YouTube Original Recording of My composition "Closer Walk"