Thread: Sound clips of m KM-150

Default Sound clips of m KM-150

Here's a few clips of me and my KM-150

https://soundcloud.com/jordanriehm/angelina-baker

https://soundcloud.com/jordanriehm/f...-the-darkaudio
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluegrassbboy85 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Sound clips of m KM-150

Is there anything sweeter than a mandolin and guitar together? Great sound you're getting out of that 150, I"d happily have that track playing alongside the pros when I'm in my car.

Agree - most of the times I've heard it played, that mando sounded way too mellow/trebly (and not in a good way!). Yours has got a hell of a chop!

So gratz on a good recording

P.S. Just curious - what pick are you using? I've found it to have a huge impact on the sound.
    Mandolins: The Loar LM-220; Lyon & Healy Special A #103; Epiphone Mandobird VIII
    Violins: 19th century German Steiner copy; NS Design WAV 4; NS Design WAV 5; Reiter Alien II 7-string
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ausdoerrt

Nice playing, and that KM-150 sounds great.

Much thanks Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    P.S. Just curious - what pick are you using? I've found it to have a huge impact on the sound.
    I still haven't found my "happy place" with that. There's a couple different ones I use. On the recording I think I used the Dunlop Primetone Sculpted Triangle. I like that one a lot and think it is very comparable to a Bluechip. I also use the small round Golden Gate Mock Tortoise, Jim Dunlop Americana small round, and sometimes I use the rounded corner of my Bluechip TD 45.

I'm glad you listed Baker as Angelina's surname, not her occupation, kind of a pet peeve of mine. There was another song about Evanlina ( I think was her name) that baked bread but Angelina was named Baker.

I really enjoyed your take on Angelina Baker. The Kentucky sounds great. Can you tell me what chords are that the guitar is playing on the second part? thanks.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life." --- Mongo

Quote Originally Posted by F-2 Dave View Post
    I really enjoyed your take on Angelina Baker. The Kentucky sounds great. Can you tell me what chords are that the guitar is playing on the second part? thanks.
    I can't remember exactly what I played. I tried to go back and listen. I think it's D5, Dmaj7, D7sus4, then it's G/B or an Em7(those are pretty close), another G/B(or Em7), the next chord is like a G/Bb, or you could look at as an Bb6, then A7, then finally D.
    Something like that...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegrassbboy85 For This Useful Post: