Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interview with Rory Dowling of Taran on new "Springwell" mandolin

Default Re: Interview with Rory Dowling of Taran on new "Springwell" mand

Yes, very similar, but the 35 years age difference certainly tells. Doubt I'll be around in 35 years time to comment on the Taran though!

Yup, still have the 1922 F4 Gibson, lovely for recording purposes, quite different from the Sobell. and a beautiful vintage antique instrument.

Stuck with the orange tortex all these years, but, yes, of course it affects the sound the player hears and also anyone listening too. I'd just restrung the Sobell with the usual D'Addario J74s, so it was in its optimum state, and the Taran had been restrung recently too, and both a treat to play, wonderfully playable fretboards and action. Rory is a superb luthier, creating waves as his guitars reach players, and astonishingly fine craftsmanship.

Yes, sorry we had to dash, but the Ry Cooder gig was fantastic!

best

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kmmando View Post
    Yes, very similar, but the 35 years age difference certainly tells. Doubt I'll be around in 35 years time to comment on the Taran though!

Yup, still have the 1922 F4 Gibson, lovely for recording purposes, quite different from the Sobell. and a beautiful vintage antique instrument.

Stuck with the orange tortex all these years, but, yes, of course it affects the sound the player hears and also anyone listening too. I'd just restrung the Sobell with the usual D'Addario J74s, so it was in its optimum state, and the Taran had been restrung recently too, and both a treat to play, wonderfully playable fretboards and action. Rory is a superb luthier, creating waves as his guitars reach players, and astonishingly fine craftsmanship.

Yes, sorry we had to dash, but the Ry Cooder gig was fantastic!

best

Kevin

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kmmando For This Useful Post: