Thread: Oswald Goodin Mel Bay

Default Oswald Goodin Mel Bay

I've had my order of John Goodin's edition of James Oswald's "Twelve Divertimentis" for a couple of months, but finally my local music store got it in stock. If you haven't got a copy of these arrangements, I recommend them highly. Published by Mel Bay.

I'd like to publicly thank John for mentioning me in his introductory comments. He's an honest, upstanding fellow!

Default Re: Oswald Goodin Mel Bay

And I'd like to publicly thank Rob for the generous compliment! I'm very pleased that he finds my work with Oswald's music to be worthwhile. He knows these pieces better than anyone and, as I say in the book, I highly recommend his recording of them on an authentic cittern/"guittar".

I suppose I should add a disclaimer that we are both making tens of dollars as authors of Mel Bay books, a company that is willing to publish books that may not always sell huge quantities. I can honestly say that Rob's various Mel Bay books (the ones that I've seen and/or purchased) are all very well done. Though Rob and I have yet to meet in person he has always been generous with his knowledge and encouragement.

John G.

Default Re: Oswald Goodin Mel Bay

OK, we have a two-member mutual appreciation society thing going on here 😀

John, I'm going to record a video of one of these pieces on a mandolin soon. It has been interesting trying them out on four pairs of strings, rather than six. The music sounds fun either way.