Thread: Vacaville, CA

Question Vacaville, CA

I'll me moving to the Vacaville, CA area around November. Does anyone in here live in that area?
    Kentucky KM-150
    Collings MT

Default Re: Vacaville, CA

Welcome to CA! I'm sure if you don't find any member in Vacaville specifically, you're so close to the Bay Area and Sacramento that you'll bound to find members there as well.

3. The following members say thank you to Clement Barrera-Ng for this post:

Glad to have you in our neck of the woods, Michael. I'm about 50 minutes north of Vacaville up in the North Bay. You will be very close to Berkeley, which has the Freight & Salvage, a fantastic, intimate and acoustically superior small concert venue that features a lot of folk and bluegrass shows (Dawg plays there from time to time). You'll also want to check out Schoenberg Guitars in Tiburon and if you get up to the North Bay definitely go to Tall Toad in Petaluma - great selection of vintage mandolins and a massive guitar collection. Further south, there's Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto. Sharon Gilchrist teaches in Berkeley too if you are looking for a good teacher in the area. Welcome!
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."

5. The following members say thank you to lukmanohnz for this post:

I'm in Vville... add Palms Playhouse in Winters and Mondavi Center in Davis to the list of close venues, and there are a few festivals worth checking out.