Thread: SummerGrass XIV August 19-21 2016 in Sunny San Diego, CA

Loarcutus of MandoBorg DataNick's Avatar

Default SummerGrass XIV August 19-21 2016 in Sunny San Diego, CA

Summergrass one of the premier west coast bluegrass festivals is in about 3 weeks.

Lineup includes: Chris Henry & The Hardcore Grass, The Gibson Brothers, David Parmley and The Cardinal Tradition, Bluegrass Etc. and a host of some really good San Diego local and SoCal regional bands.

Great jamming, great spirit, overall great festival experience.
    Festivities will actually start on Thursday August 18 at the compound of "The Thursday Night Pickers" - a jam organization going on 32 years strong. Pizza and bandscramble on the mainstage.

Started this thread for us to communicate for meet-ups, etc...feel free to chime-in re: experiences, plans, etc. Any cafe members travelling a long distance and needing accomodations, check with me, I should be able to help you out.

http://www.summergrass.net/
    1994 Gibson F5L - Weber signed

"Mandolin brands are a guide, not gospel! I don't drink koolaid and that Emperor is naked!"
    "If you wanna get soul Baby, you gots to get the scroll..."
    "I would rather play music anyday for the beggar, the thief, and the fool!"
    "Perfection is not attainable; but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi
    Playing Style: RockMonRoll Desperado Bluegrass Desperado YT Channel

2. The following members say thank you to DataNick for this post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: SummerGrass XIV August 19-21 2016 in Sunny San Diego, CA

Yup, we're really looking forward to being there... We'll look for you for jamming, Nick!

-- Don
    (Sweet Tidings Gospel Jam, Sunday morning Gospel hour, 8/21@9am)

4. The following members say thank you to dhergert for this post:

Planning on being there Sat to catch Chris Henry by noon. I've watched some of the videos you posted Nick of Chris and am looking forward to seeing him live.

6. The following members say thank you to Clement Barrera-Ng for this post:

I'll be there, at least for part of the time. I'm local, but should I plan on camping just to get more out of the experiance?

Blog Entries

The shows are great, but if you're wanting to jam you'll probably really want to camp.

If the weather isn't too hot, the day jams will be plenty fun, but if it's hot during the day, the evening jams are probably where the action will be.

There is space for tent camping or car/van camping, or if you have an RV, you'll probably want to get in sometime Thursday or at least early Friday to get a spot unless you have reserved an electric spot. Oh, and check the website for contacting them regarding camping: http://www.summergrass.net/

We'll be camping there starting either Wednesday or Thursday, through Monday morning. Our band's bass player hosts a friendly open jam called the "Bent Beak Picking Parlor" and we'll often all be there jamming. Just look for the pink flamingos.

-- Don

9. The following members say thank you to dhergert for this post:

I'll be in Vista on Thursday evening. Haven't got my Summergrass tickets yet...