Thread: Dunlop strings.

Default Dunlop strings.

My local music store suggested I try some new strings they started to carry. They are Dunlop strings that are kind of a cross between Monels and phospour bronze. I really like them. They have a nice warm tone similar to the Gibson Sam Bush strings with the brightness on the high end of the phospour bronze. Anyone else tried these?
    08' Gibson Fern
    1964 Martin D-18
    www.potterswheelgospel.com

Default Re: Dunlop strings.

WHICH Dunlop mando string set are you referring to?! They make three sets: Phosphor bronze, in light and medium weights, and Nickel-plated steel in medium.

Blog Entries

I've been using Dunlop strings for quite a long time since we started carrying them at banjo.com. the medium phosphorus bronze to me are premium. Very Similar to D'addario j74's but better to me. Certainly worth trying out. Oh I have the Dunlop nickels on now, mediums which are the same size as j74s. Try them😁👍

4. The following members say thank you to Stephen Cagle for this post:

I bought a set of the phosphorus bronze strings when they were on sale during "Black Friday" specials and a week ago I installed them on one mandolin and was very surprised as to how well the sounded,...I have mostly always used GHS-A-270`s, but will try the Dunlops on other mandolins to see if sound as good on all that own...

Willie