Thread: New Jerusalem

Default New Jerusalem

Hey guys, I did my first teaching video for youtube, and would appreciate your critiques and feedback. Right away I think I need a HD camera, and to write out the tune so it's easier to play phrase by phrase. Instead of having to search through my memory banks and play at a really slow speed, and also so the tabs are available for those who ask.
    A part- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gg4NhkwI5g
    B part - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08HSbo8ihI8

Default Re: New Jerusalem

Is this the right forum section to post this?

that bad huh? I'm gonna take it down, re-do it and add some tabs. You can't delete entire threads can you?

Hi Bluegrassbboy85,
    I think this is the right place to post lessons. The fact that no one responded does not necessarily mean that they did not like your video. This thread has only had 150 or so views. There is a lot less traffic in this part of the forum, so you might need to wait more than a few hours for feedback. Who knows how many people even clicked on the links. If you re-do the video, embed them next time you post them and you will likely get more views and responses.

As far as what I saw of the video, I would just say that that style of video has never really been my thing. I started by using the plentiful tab transcriptions of tunes I knew, and later learned to read notation, which is my primary way of learning tunes these days. Have you checked out mandolessons.com, or Mike Marshall's Artistworks school, or Banjo Ben? These guys are great players but more importantly for what you are interested in, they are great teachers.

Good luck with the videos.

Bluegrassbboy85,
    I watched your Brilliancy video on Mike Marshall`s site yesterday. Very nice picking. I`ll see you `round artistworks!