Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: My Old Kentucky Home

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Catania, Italy
    Posts
    408
    Blog Entries
    1

    Exclamation My Old Kentucky Home

    An old American song of the nineteenth century composed by Stephen Foster, used as a soundtrack in the short film of the same name in 1926, in my arrangement for classical guitar. http://www.chitarrarte.it


  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mandoguitar For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: My Old Kentucky Home

    Thank you! that is such a lovely arrangement of a great song, beautifully played as well! I bet Paul Robeson would have liked this.

  4. #3

    Default Re: My Old Kentucky Home

    Quote Originally Posted by mandoguitar View Post
    An old American song of the nineteenth century composed by Stephen Foster, used as a soundtrack in the short film of the same name in 1926, in my arrangement for classical guitar. http://www.chitarrarte.it

    Very beautiful! Your playing is always wonderful to listen to. Thanks for posting!

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Catania, Italy
    Posts
    408
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: My Old Kentucky Home

    Thanks a lot dear friends, greetings from Sicily!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gop View Post
    Thank you! that is such a lovely arrangement of a great song, beautifully played as well! I bet Paul Robeson would have liked this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL277z View Post
    Very beautiful! Your playing is always wonderful to listen to. Thanks for posting!

  6. #5
    The Amateur Mandolinist Mark Gunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South of Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    4,304

    Default Re: My Old Kentucky Home

    Another brilliant solo arrangement and very enjoyable performance. Bravo!
    WWW.MARKGUNTER.NET
    Coming Soon: New site, The Amateur Mandolinist
    ----------------------------------
    "Life is short. Play hard." - AlanN

    ----------------------------------
    HEY! The Cafe has Social Groups, check 'em out. I'm in these groups:
    Newbies Social Group | The Song-A-Week Social
    The Woodshed Study Group | Blues Mando
    - Advice For Mandolin Beginners
    - YouTube Stuff

  7. #6
    Gummy Bears and Scotch BrianWilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Summit County Colorado
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: My Old Kentucky Home

    That is a huge mandolin!

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    St Louis, Mo
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: My Old Kentucky Home

    Very nice.

    When I see some of the left hand positions I'm reminded why I don't play classical guitar any more.
    It makes a 'G' or 'D' 'chop' fingering look easy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mandolins: Michael Kelley LFN-E, Ibanez M150 w/Baggs Radius (tuned to F)
    Guitars: Martin DX1E w/Fishman Aura (external), Baby Taylor, Ibanez Artwood 12 string,
    Epiphone Les Paul w/Fralin pickups, G&L AST

    Ukuleles: Kala KA-15S soprano, Cordoba 20BM baritone

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •