Thread: TMS question

Default TMS question

Is it true that before you order a mandolin from TMS, they'll actually go pick out few that they think have the best finish/flame and you can choose which one you like?

Default Re: TMS question

I would think any store if they had multiple mandolins of the same model would do that if you asked them. I would prefer them to send the one that sounded best no matter what it looked like myself. I have in the past looked at two teen's Gibson's, same model, same price, one very nice, one very distressed. I bought the distressed because it sounded way better.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

3. The following members say thank you to pops1 for this post:

I have purchased two new Breedlove mandolins from TMS. The second one was actually still being built in Bend, OR, when I ordered it. Both were flawless and they sound great. Also, I have purchased other items (and occasionally, you might see me wearing a TMS t-shirt). I have nothing but good things to say about them. Their prices are competitive, things are shipped in a timely manner, they respond to my emails and answered the phone when I called. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

There's no doubt in my mind that they would pick out only the best.
    David Hopkins

2001 Gibson F-5L mandolin
    Breedlove Legacy FF mandolin; Breedlove Quartz FF mandolin
    Gibson F-4 mandolin (1916); Blevins f-style Octave mandolin, 2018
    McCormick Oval Sound Hole "Reinhardt" Mandolin
    McCormick Solid Body F-Style Electric Mandolin; Slingerland Songster Guitar (c. 1939)

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of political correctness, incompetence and stupidity.

5. The following members say thank you to DHopkins for this post:

I have purchased several instruments from TMS and supplies and in every case have received great customer service. Would they carried guitars and banjos I bought some from those as well every transaction was very good. They always help with selection both the way that sound and appearance.

7. The following members say thank you to texaspaul for this post:

Registered Plec Offender Mickey King's Avatar

Dennis and Brian are first class. Give them a call!
    Mickey

Skip Kelley-Kentucky F-5
    Northfield F5S
    Collings MT

9. The following members say thank you to Mickey King for this post:

You can't go wrong with The Mandolin Store in my opinion. I have purchased several mandos from Dennis and crew over the past few years. They keep an eye out for the community as well. A timely email from Dennis started the events that led up to the recovery of my two stolen mandolins recently. Can't say enough about those guys.
    Cheers,
    Dale

11. The following members say thank you to Dale Pauline for this post:

When I purchased my KM-950 in July 2013, they had 2 in stock (mine was the third one built which I think is pretty cool). Anyways, after speaking to them on the phone, they described the two and mentioned the one on the showroom floor was the "better" of the two, and sent me that one.

Pretty cool and to this day it is still great (even better as it opened up ). And by the way, I haven't had to make any adjustments to the setup other than slightly raising/lowering bridge, per the season. The setup was top-notch!