Thread: Charlie and Herschel Sizemore, related?

Default Charlie and Herschel Sizemore, related?

sheer curiosity. Are Charlie and Herschel Sizemore related? I assume they must be but I couldn't find a wikipedia page on either of them. The pages I did find on each through a quick Google search didn't reveal a relationship, but the name is not super common.

Default Re: Charlie and Herschel Sizemore, related?

Here's a 'potted' bio.for Charlie Sizemore - He & Herschel aren't related,or maybe only as closely related as anybody named Smith is related to somebody else named Smith.
    My family name Kelsall,derives from a small village in the County of Cheshire. Currently,according to the last UK census,there's not one person of my name living in the village. It's a pretty uncommon name,but i'm not related in any but the most distant way to any of the others. It's not uncommon for families of the most disparate 'genetic' backgrounds to have the same name. In a similar way (sort of),when the US was settled,folk of UK or European ancestry might name any settlement after their hometown,& anybody leaving there to travel further West,might also take the name with them. That's one reason why,in a country as huge as the US,there are several towns/cities with the same name. There are 31 places named Manchester in the US alone ! - http://www.cmt.com/artists/charlie-sizemore/biography/.
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

But Ivan, you're my brother from another mother! (Well, father too!) I think we clearly were separated at some point in time, we have way too much in common! There has to be a connection somewhere along the line.
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

Woah Timothy !!! - You're making me feel far too old. I remember meeting up with a guy from Shropshire UK when i was at the Ironbridge Bluegrass Festival down there. He was a learner banjo player,he asked for a few tips & when we got talking,it was as though he was my identical twin !,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.