Thread: ups says package delayed

fishing with my mando darrylicshon's Avatar

Default ups says package delayed

This is the message

12/01/2015 11:00 P.M. We have not yet unloaded the package from the trailer. This may delay delivery. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

I have gotten a lot of packages from UPS and never received one like this, it's kind of funny and depressing. It's only a beginner mando i am fixing for a friend but the sooner i get it the sooner he gets it. Anyone ever get a message like mine.
    Ibanez 70's 524, 521, 3 511's,2 512's,513,1 514,3 80s 513's, 522
    J Bovier F5-T custom shop
    Kiso Suzuki V900,
    The Loar lm600 Cherryburst
    morgan monroe mms-5wc,ovation
    Michael Kelly Octave Mandolin
    Emandos Northfield octave tele 4, Northfield custom jem octave mandolin 5 octave strat 8
    2 Flying v 8, octave 5, Exploryer octave 8 20"
    Fender mandostrat 4,3 Epip mandobird 2,4/8, Kentucky. KM300E Eastwood mandocaster
    Gold Tone F6,Badaax doubleneck 8/6

Blog Entries

Default Re: ups says package delayed

Darryl, This is truly very unusual. The only time I had delays when shipping to buyers involved a situation with no signer. This sounds more like a weather delay? The explanation is very peculiar. Sorry about the frustration!
    2014 BRW F5 #114
    2022 Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

YouTube Original Recording of My composition "Closer Walk"

Today the news has been all about the traffic snarl ups around the FedEx and UPS terminals in this state. Apparently the entire Black Friday Online\Cyber Monday thing has changed the paradigm. All of the package carriers are being stressed in ways they've never been stressed. Welcome to the new world of retail.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

4. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

Yep, I got the same message today.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around and play mandolin.”

So why is UPS and FedEx so surprised. Similar happened last year. There have been predictions for increased on line shopping for months. As far as I'm concerned there is no excuse. Given that the rates have steadily gone up when do they plan to make the moves to keep up with volume. If anything is going to destroy on line shopping it will be the delivery services.

I see a lot of potential problems for on line shopping. Certainly delivery service needs to be able to handle more and more products but they have no experience with these numbers and seem to take the attitude that it only happens once a year so we will just have to grin and bear it.

Drones. We all need to write our local representatives and show our support for their usage during the holiday season, if not all year around. Maybe if we can all do this, they will put some pressure on the FAA. Waiting the additional day during the holidays for the delivery of mandolin related items is giving me delirium tremens.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around and play mandolin.”

fishing with my mando darrylicshon's Avatar

I just say the ups truck drive by it should have been on that truck
    Ibanez 70's 524, 521, 3 511's,2 512's,513,1 514,3 80s 513's, 522
    J Bovier F5-T custom shop
    Kiso Suzuki V900,
    The Loar lm600 Cherryburst
    morgan monroe mms-5wc,ovation
    Michael Kelly Octave Mandolin
    Emandos Northfield octave tele 4, Northfield custom jem octave mandolin 5 octave strat 8
    2 Flying v 8, octave 5, Exploryer octave 8 20"
    Fender mandostrat 4,3 Epip mandobird 2,4/8, Kentucky. KM300E Eastwood mandocaster
    Gold Tone F6,Badaax doubleneck 8/6

Man, that's frustrating. I went through it a couple of years ago, and it taught me a lesson not to buy a new instrument between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year, when I decided to splurge on a brand-spanking-new Ome banjo, I made sure it would be delivered before Thanksgiving just to avoid that issue.

Between winter weather and the ever-increasing online shopping, it really is better to do your buying outside of the holiday season. I feel for ya, man. Nothing worse than expecting yer new toy to arrive, only to be thwarted by shipping delays. Especially when there's no good excuse for it!

I'm not really sure what a business should be expected to do when the swing is this wide. Train and hire people for a window here and a window there? Doesn't really work that way. I suppose a reserve corps would be useful. Rebecca, my new partner, is a teamster and UPS experienced, but they didn't call her!

Good question on what to do. Is delay that results in cold damage = carrier negligence? It's a difficult situation for all.
    Stephen Perry