Thread: Monroe Crossing

Default Monroe Crossing

I went to see them for the first time last night. All I can say is FANTASTIC !!! Their sound is amazing. Matt the Mandolin played showed me his LaPlant, and asked if I wanted to play it. And yes this is the one that was stolen in Arizona for 24 hours...He calls it his "banjo killer". It lives up to that name for sure. My hats off to the entire band for being friendly and wonderful performers.

Steve

2. The following members say thank you to slk for this post:

Default Re: Monroe Crossing

They are an EXCELLENT band! Well worth going to hear if they are in your area. Lloyd lives up here, so everywhere you go you see LaPlant mandolins or guitars at jams and performances. Every last one of them are really great instruments, but some transcend the "really great" and are SPECTACULAR. Matt's LaPlant mandolin falls into that latter category.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Utility Picker For This Useful Post:

They have been a BG mainstay in the Minneapolis area for years. When I first started out on mando I took lessons from Lisa (am sure it was torture for her)....a great mando player herself. And a fantastic voice. If you can find it, an earlier iteration of the band was "Deadly Nightshade Family Singers". Not BG but some really good stuff.

Interesting to say the least. For sure not BG. I wonder if she still teaches? Did she help you out with the lessons?

Steve