Thread: Software for chord charts?

Default Software for chord charts?

Matt Flinner in his Swing and Jazz classes uses an old version of a mac program- Pages to make chord charts that even someone with bad eyes like me can read. But he says the newer versions of Pages don't work as well. I have attached an example.

Can anyone suggest Windows friendly software that I could use to make my own charts? Bonus points if I can read them without my cheaters.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pages Chord Chart.pdf  

Default Re: Software for chord charts?

I've got something I created in MS Excel. I tried putting image below. Not sure if it will work or not. But I'd be happy to send it to you. As you can see, it is scales right now. But you can easily move, delete, copy and paste the dots as you wish to create whatever chords you want. The most accurate way to move them is to select one and then move it with your arrow keys.

As far as putting the finger numbers in there, I could play around and see if I could do that. Or better yet, you could and then tell me how to do it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Mandolin Scales PDF.pdf 
Views:	148 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	139743

Ok, the image appears black on my computer. But if you double click on it and open it, you can see it. I don't know why it appears black on the post though.

3. The following members say thank you to Canoedad for this post:

Canoedad-

You are right- a double click on the black box produced your Excel scales. Sure, I am pretty proficient in Excel and would like to try your solution so please send. I don't need finger numbers, I should have made that clear.

Thanks!

The best program currently available is Neck Diagrams.
    Object to this post? Find out how to ignore me here!