Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: recording software

Plinker, I'm having the exact same problem.....did you ever find a solution? I did unzip the file, so I don't think that's the problem.....I'm running Windows XP, if that makes a difference. Audacity is a pretty nifty program otherwise....

Oh well. Maybe I'll have this figured out by the time I'm ready to post Cherokee Shuffle/Fishers Hornpipe/Your Tune Here....

Carolyn

Thanks to Martin and Dedian, I think I've converted my first file to MP3 format. After dumping an reloading both programs a thousand times... I've played it back, now I'm getting ready to send it to my work email to see if the file transfers. The next step is uploading the file on the shared board. I'm not an idiot, well maybe, but it has certainly been more difficult than I suspected.

Maybe you can help with this... I can't listen to my first and/or second tracks of a tune, as I record additional tracks on Audacity. I need to listen as I record additional tracks. Is this possible with Audacity? Once again, any help would be appreciated!

Good luck with the next tune.

Now I get to be a mandolin idiot and a computer idiot, the best of both worlds!! Dan
    Play em like you know em!

plinker, does it let you hear any more than your first tracks, or does it not let you hear them at all when recording? Also, what kind of sound card do you have? Given a capable card/latest drivers there shouldn't be any problems listening while recording...

Stuart, who wishes he was more of a computer idiot and less of a mandolin idiot!

It doesn't let me hear the previous track/tracks when I'm recording another track. After recording the melody, I've tried to put back-up tracks down, but I can't hear whats previouly been recorded. Dan

Plinker and Dedian, if you open the file drop-down menu in your Audacity file, and select "preferences", there's an option you can select that allows you to hear your first track while you're recording.

Carolyn

P.S. I finally figured out (with Craig's endlessly patient help -- thanks Craig!) how to convert my file to an MP3 -- yay!

Thanks Carolyn, it works. More stupid quetions. I went to upload a file to the Yahoo group, exactly as directed. There is no instruction on where to place the file, Sally, Cherokee, or Misc Musings. The file appears to upload, then when the blue bar gets filled in on the bottom right of the screen..... NOTHING. No indication the file loaded, didn't load, got sent to another coutnry... No response at all. More help for the challenged? Dan

Dan,

go to Yahoo!Groups
    go to "Files"
    click on the file folder you want to put the MP3 in (i.e "Cherokee Shuffle" or "Misc Musings")
    click "Add File"
    a new window appears
    click "Browse"
    find the file on your computer
    in the "Description" box put your Yahoo ID
    click "Upload file"

that's it.

it may not appear in the Yahoo folder instantly.

alternatively, you can just e-mail it to me: #drchenson@yahoo.com

cheers,
    craig