Thread: Sad News

Default Sad News

Sorry to hear that the Spokane Mandolin Congress will not be held this year. It has always been a great time to meet, play and learn with other musicians. Also, I've been told the Santa Cruz Mandolin Symposium will no longer be held yearly at UC Santa Cruz. I've never been to that one, but still sad to see it go.

Now that the summer festival season is about over, it was always nice to have the fall and winter events to go to. Anything going on in the West between now and Wintergrass?

Default Re: Sad News

I'm sad about both of these too! I do still have a plane ticket booked for the Spokane Congress - I would be happy to come and teach a workshop and private lessons and lead a jam if I get enough folks paid in advance to cover the flight and a bit for my time. let me know - you can contact me through the website here: timconnellmusic.com thank you!
    tim
    Tim Connell
    Portland, Oregon
    www.timsmandolessons.com

I would be in. Hopefully Dan would spread the word and help get enough folks to make it worth your while. I did not attend last year but was looking forward to this year. We might be able to get this posted in the Inland Bluegrass Assoc. if we let them know soon.

Loarcutus of MandoBorg DataNick's Avatar

The Great 48 in Bakersfield, CA, 1st week in Jan...my favorite Jam event of the year with 72 hours of non-stop jamming!
    1994 Gibson F5L - Weber signed

"Mandolin brands are a guide, not gospel! I don't drink koolaid and that Emperor is naked!"
    "If you wanna get soul Baby, you gots to get the scroll..."
    "I would rather play music anyday for the beggar, the thief, and the fool!"
    "Perfection is not attainable; but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi
    Playing Style: RockMonRoll Desperado Bluegrass Desperado YT Channel