Thread: Looking for lessons

Default Looking for lessons

Hey all, I'm hoping this is the correct place to post about lessons. I'm looking for lessons in the central Kentucky area. More specifically in the south central Kentucky area. I'm located about one hour driving distance to Lexington, Louisville, and Bowling Green and would be interested in any of those areas or rural areas around these cities. I never expected finding in person lessons to be as difficult to find; yet, that is the situation. I have been messing around with the mandolin for a little over a year and find it to be quite addictive. I enjoy the Gospel Bluegrass mostly as that is the music I know. I know the basic scales and chords and can pick out most of the songs in my head. I've gotten to the point where the songs are bland and I need to progress with embellishments take that next step forward. A good in person teacher I'm hoping will be the next step.

if you are or know of instructors in this area let me know. Feel free to message me through the cafe. This site is awesome and the wealth of information it provides for the mandolin is extraordinary.
    Silverangel Redwood distressed A

Default Re: Looking for lessons

Hey, you may be interested in learning about the Louisville Folk School, which we just started this year. We offer eight-week sessions of small group lessons (3-8 folks) in mandolin, fiddle, banjo (bluegrass and clawhammer), dulcimer, ukulele, singing (appalachian ballads or bluegrass vocals) and jug band music. Here's a link to the mandolin classes that start in on October 20. I hope this helps!

http://louisvillefolkschool.org/coll...ndolin-classes