Thread: Beaumont Rag

Default Beaumont Rag

Hey everybody! sorry I haven't posted in a while. my computer was broken. Either way, here's some Beaumont Rag!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rwesleycarr For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Beaumont Rag

Wes your a musical genius bro...I really enjoyed that and immediately started trying to learn that tune cross pickin style...great work!

Musically pleasing
    Instrumentally strong
    Technologically clever

A Trifecta!!

Good playing. Love to know how to do the computer stuff.

Nice picking! I don't have a clue how you did that video!

I may be old but I'm ugly billhay4's Avatar

The very last scene gives you a clue. It's obviously three separate videos displayed in synch. Notice how the images fade out at the edges. They're then all placed on a neutral background, each smaller than the former image. Cool effect, nice playing, fun to watch.
    Bill
    IM(NS)HO

But they overlap somehow. I don't get it.

Wait a minute, I can see his picking hand in the middle video showing through the Martin logo. I'm sure it's easy once you know how.
    Richard Hutchings

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hutchings View Post
    But they overlap somehow. I don't get it.

Wait a minute, I can see his picking hand in the middle video showing through the Martin logo. I'm sure it's easy once you know how.
    Presumably chroma key and green screen. An example:

This explanation is kind of fun:

I always wondered how the TV weather background worked, turns out it's greenscreen too. A meteorologist explains it:

Fine-tuning stuff in (for example) Adobe After Effects:

Quote Originally Posted by rwesleycarr View Post
    Hey everybody! sorry I haven't posted in a while. my computer was broken. Either way, here's some Beaumont Rag!
    Good pickin', thanks! I like the video, I want to try that technique someday. A while back I finally got a somewhat-decent (I guess) video editor-thingie (Adobe After Effects) but I'm still just learning the basics. Your video (and people wondering how it was made) prompted me to finally take the first step to find out how these green screens are made... I had heard about the basic concept but I didn't know anything else about it prior to doing some preliminary research today to try to answer another poster's question "how did you do that" (I hope I gave the right answer eh). So I wanted to also thank you for that aspect of the video, you've probably inspired a bunch of us here on this website to try some cool new video project ideas. Looks like fascinating stuff to experiment with. And, again, you got some mighty nice music there, good work!

Hey guys! Thanks for all the positive feedback. As to how I did the video, I used after effects. Someone else was right on, It's three different videos. I didn't use a green screen. It was actually just a white sheet. In AE, whatever is placed the farthest down is a lower layer. So the background was placed on the very bottom. From there, you can size up your videos or have them move around. (I did a video of Gold Rush where the different scenes move around a bit). I'm still learning how to use all of my video editing software but I'm glad to see I'm getting a little better.

As to how I got them to look good and blend together, there was a specific blend effect I used (I can't remember off the top of my head, I'll post it when I get home and get a chance to look at what I used).

Either way, If you want to get a video editing software, I would consider subscribing to the Adobe Suite (It's a monthly charge) but you can get a lot of really great video effects and you can get Adobe Audition which is a pretty good music mastering program. My wife is a graphic designer so we have it already (as long as she lets me play with her computer). You can find a lot of info on how to use After Effects on youtube also.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback! It means a lot.