Thread: my new peceny F5

The back...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cimg1184.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	7772  

The front...

Name:	Cimg1183.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	7773  

Thats a fine looking mandolin. How do you like the sound?

Congratulations, this is very nice mando.. Mr. Peceny is very good Czech luthier. I'm interested how did you obtain the mandolin? I thought Mr. Peceny don't export mandolins to the USA? Here comes one more Peceny's F5, very simillar to yours.. enjoy

Name:	mandolin_pec_front.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	7775  

Thanks! I'm in England not the USA, and Czech mandolins are very popular over here. I just spent a week at Sorefingers camp being taught by Tim O'Brien and the mandolin was on sale there. I did a part exchange for my MK. I do not miss it

I loved this mando from the first moment I picked it up. I got to try it out for a day before making the final decision. I got Tim to try it out and he said it was well worth buying, so obviously I bought it after that recommendation!

It's got a very loud, but still sweet tone. A great pop to it, a real bluegrass sound, which is exactly what I was looking for. It's only 9 months old and it already sounds fantastic, I can't wait to see how it opens up.

Thumbs up

Of course, I'm sorry for the mistake now I understand! Anyway I'm sure you bought great intrument, I met Peceny's mandolin only once, but it was very interesting experience. Btw. many Czech mandolins are now availible in England, I'd say that nowdays Czech luthiers export more to the UK, than to the America thanks the strong British economy. But this is for other discussion.. #

Yes, Czech mandolins are becoming more and more popular here. This is mainly because they sound as good as the American models but at about half the price. For example, I was thinking of buying a Breedlove for the same price as the Peceny, but it sounded nowhere near as good.

I'll post more pictures when I get a chance.

Hiya Catherine, its michael (from sore fingers).
    Are you glad you bought that mando now? It was definately worth the money you paid for it. How much was arthur going to sell for that MK of yours?
    I havent managed to convince my parents to buy me that cristufek yet. an i dont think i will. Ah well. It was nice though wasnt it!
    Are you booking for next year then? Adam Steffey may be the tutor, how cool would that be!!!! Or it will be John Moore who's amazin on the mando aswell!!!!
    Mike.
    www.mandomike.com - The subscription free way to improve your mandolin playing!

Hi Mike

Yep, I'm loving this mando more and more every time I play it. I love the strings Arthur gave me aswell (EXP74s), they sound great.

I shouldn't worry too much about getting a new mandolin just yet, you sound great on the one you've got, but of course it would be nice to have a £3,000 instrument instead! Keep pestering your parents, you never know, they might give in

Cheers

Katherine