Thread: Article: California Bluegrass Association Kids Instrument Lending Program - a Critical Investment in the Future

Blog Entries

Default Article: California Bluegrass Association Kids Instrument Lending

Default Re: Article: California Bluegrass Association Kids Instrument Len

This is a beautiful thing. May it live long and prosper.

"Just recently he connected us with a Mandolin Cafe member who successfully donated an instrument to the Library."

That was me. I reached out to Scott about my desire to put my vintage snakehead in the hands of a young fiddle tune loving mando picker. There was no hesitation. Scott introduced me to Sharon with the CBA Lending Library. My mando went from North Carolina to California within days.

There is no doubt in my mind the next 100 years will be even better than the first for my mandolin. Thank you Scott & Sharon.

4. The following members say thank you to Bob Dispennette for this post:

Dave Berry

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_d View Post
    "Just recently he connected us with a Mandolin Cafe member who successfully donated an instrument to the Library."

That was me. I reached out to Scott about my desire to put my vintage snakehead in the hands of a young fiddle tune loving mando picker. There was no hesitation. Scott introduced me to Sharon with the CBA Lending Library. My mando went from North Carolina to California within days.

There is no doubt in my mind the next 100 years will be even better than the first for my mandolin. Thank you Scott & Sharon.
    Thank you Bob. I'll be on the lookout for that Snakehead in the capable hands of some youngin!
    Dave
    Gilchrist A3 #03539, Kimble A5 #122, Gibson A4 #65987
    https://linktr.ee/davidalanberry

Blog Entries

Hoping this story will result in at least one single donation of an instrument. If anyone is interested and needs assistance happy to get you in touch directly with the person responsible for the program.

Quote Originally Posted by tuhker View Post
    Thank you Bob. I'll be on the lookout for that Snakehead in the capable hands of some youngin!
    Hopefully you'll see more than one tuhker.

I'm with Scott on this one. It was a very satisfying moment when I decided to donate my snakehead. 100% original with the original case. Both in excellent original condition. The case key was missing. So it wasn't 100% complete. This one has all the qualities of the oval. Very bell like & sustain. I've had F2s, F4s & other As. They came & went. I kept this one 22 years.

The lending library needs everything. Strings, straps, donations, etc. Let's show the support of the cafe in this effort. Thanks in advance.
    Bob D.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Dispennette For This Useful Post:

Dave Berry

Agree Bob. They always can use non mandolin instruments as well especially small size fiddles.
    Dave

If you or anyone you know is driving from Oregon to California I have a guitar I’d like to donate. Need to get it down to California. Send me a PM, please. If I don’t find anyone to handle the transfer, I’ll either take it with me to the Father’s Day festival in Grass Valley next summer or ship it. I just had it professionally set up so it’s ready for someone to enjoy.

What a cool program to ensure future generations will enjoy the gift of music and all those they meet along their musical journey.
    Last edited by Jim Roberts; Dec-26-2023 at 5:07pm.

11. The following members say thank you to Jim Roberts for this post:

Dave Berry

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roberts View Post
    If you or anyone you know is driving from Oregon to California I have a guitar I’d like to donate. Need to get it down to California. Send me a PM, please. If I don’t find anyone to handle the transfer, I’ll either take it with me to the Father’s Day festival in Grass Valley next summer or ship it. I just had it professionally set up so it’s ready for someone to enjoy.

What a cool program to ensure future generations will enjoy the gift of music and all those they meet along their musical journey.
    Thanks much Jim. I just messaged you.
    Dave