Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F5g

Blog Entries

Default Re: F5g

Quote Originally Posted by KGreene View Post
    It's new... I actually would have preferred used, but I had heard and read to be sure that it was a Dave Harvey build....And too much earlier a model I would have to get into the sock drawer...LOL
    Well, I think you made a good decision. Harvey-signed Gibson mandolins will command top prices down the road a piece in time. That is a very good bet IMO.
    Last edited by Bernie Daniel; Jan-01-2015 at 3:15pm.
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Default Re: F5g

I picked the F5G over a wall of boutique mandolins. It sounds at least as good as mandolins costing much more. Now I see why so many pros and semi-pros play them. I'm embarrassed to say I've virtually ignored Gibson mandolins in favor of several boutique brands. Just like their banjos from the mid '80s to mid '90s, their mandolins that they are producing NOW are tremendous instruments. Very big bodied sound, robust, great punch, and sweet, chime-y top end, outstanding workmanship...what's not to like. It's the basic platform that all of Gibson's mandolins are made from. From this point on in their lineup, with the possible exception of custom instruments, appointments are the only difference. I highly recommend this mandolin. Major bang for the buck. You done good KGreene!! Real good!

Tom
    Gibson F-5G (Harvey signed, Oct. 14, 2014)