Thread: Hampton Jazz Fesitval

Well every year the Jazz festival in Hampton packs out with tons of spectators and artists at the Hampton Coliseum. I have never been but i am thinking of going.

Has anyone went before? Any good mandolin? If any? Any good guitar players. Well if you been or know about it post.

I can tell you that there is little jazz there. It's mainly R&B (Four Tops, Patty Labelle type stuff with a few token "jazz" players, mainly of the smooth variety)...I went many years ago and on Sunday night after some good old R&B, the closure came out and CLEARED the building...People were running for the exits...the closure? SRV...that should tell you a lot about the audience. It has really become more of a social event than anything else...it's sad, but the promoters do need to make a buck. If you're looking for a Jazz Fest in Hampton Roads see who is playing at the Town Point Park Jazz Fest in Norfolk. It is 3 days and a lot of real jazz...just my 2 cents, but looking at this post, it looks more like a nickel
    PeacE
    Brian

Yeah i looked up the lineup already. Im gonna pass on that. Town Point Park is great though. Ive been to several bluegrass concerts down there. Actually i saw Del Mccoury there the last time i was there.

We stood in an absolute down poar for Nickel Creek at TPP, and it was worth it...but yes, TPP has a much better variety of music...Do they have, guess I should look this up, a real BG fest there?
    PeacE
    Brian

Well July 30th i think it is they are having 4 bands. The main attractions are Nashville BLugrass Band, and Ralph Stanley and Clich Mountain Boys. Should be one heck of a show. Will i see you there? Go on the website.

Dag-gone...that sounds like a deal...I'll be there...I'll be the one holding the beer cup with a grin...
    PeacE
    Brian