Thread: Nowhere Man tab?

Default Nowhere Man tab?

Just got a request to add the Beatles Nowhere Man to a set I am doing this week. Rather than take a few days to puzzle it out or find it in a book, thought I would ask if anyone has tab to share?

Thanks!

Steve Roberts
    Cleveland, Ohio

Default Re: Nowhere Man tab?

Cracks me up to see these types of tab requests. I would imagine the interwebs has loads of hits for the sheet music to this number. For a mandolin solo/part, simply picking the single string melody is a no brainer (in my mind). Add some tasty doublestops and you are there!

Here's something. I have no idea how accurate it is.

https://www.jellynote.com/en/sheet-m...abs:%23score_A

If you don't read music, sit down and write out each note (remember EGBDF and FACE), then figure out where they are on the fretboard. It shouldn't take "a few days." Maybe an hour or two, tops?

I sort of agree with Alan. If you are good enough to be playing a "set" somewhere, this is a skill you should have. I don't "read" music but use this method all the time. It's really pretty easy.
    "The paths of experimentation twist and turn through mountains of miscalculations, and often lose themselves in error and darkness!"
    --Leslie Daniel, "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."

Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa1...SV2qtug/videos

Okay, you guys win. I pulled out a little electric mando I keep at work and figured it out at lunch time. Too cold today to go outside anyway. Pretty simple once I got rolling and glad I could provide everyone with some entertainment.

Wow, I just checked the Cleveland forecast -- nasty! I'm glad I'm here in semitropical Boston.

If your gig is outside, wear mittens. That's the last advice I'm giving you!