Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rob Meldrum's Mandolin Set-Up eBook

Default Rob Meldrum's Mandolin Set-Up eBook

If you are a novice mandolin player or you just need some great, straight forward instruction on mandolin set-up you need to take advantage of this most useful resource. It's full of great (and accurate) information. What makes it even better is - IT'S FREE! All you have to do is send Rob an email at rob.meldrum@gmail.com and request it. I requested one and he responded to my email very quickly.

Thanks Rob!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randy Linam For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Rob Meldrum's Mandolin Set-Up eBook

Thanks seconded. Very useful reference!

Many Thanks here as well.

Got it the other day and it's great! Thanks Rob!!!

Rob Meldrum is one awesome individual. He took time out of his Christmas morning to email me. I look forward to putting your valuable information to good use. Thank you so much for caring about other peoples experiences with their instrument. Rest assured I will pay it forward. Loved the black Rogue videos on You Tube.

I used his setup info on my Loar LM-590, and it took a quantum leap in sound and playability! Thanks again Rob

Thanks Rob. I got the ebook and it seems to be packed full of useful information that my grandson and i can use. We have been picking the mandolin for a few months now and your book will help us have some time together tweaking our mandos. Great job and thanks again for all your hard work.

Rob's e-book made the process of figuring out what aspects of my mandolin required adjustment in a style even a novice feels comfortable enough to attempt. The only improvement to the e-book, in my humble opinion, would be Rob setting up our mandolins via the ether. LOL

I ordered Rob's eBook on Saturday, received it on Monday, have read it for the first time already, and am working through applying it. It's a great resource and one that will serve as a point of reference for a long time to come. I've been waiting and carefully researching my move into the world of the mandolin for 2 years now. I have Parkinson's disease, but am seeking to enter this world with all the enthusiasm and determination to make my mandolin a part of my life. Rob, Thank you! You'll be hearing from me again!

11. The following members say thank you to Qoheleth for this post:

"...seeking to enter this world with all the enthusiasm and determination to make my mandolin a part of my life."

It can quickly endear itself to you and become a significant part of your life. Welcome to the Cafe, Qoheleth! You're in for a fun, rewarding, and most enjoyable ride.
    "I yam what I yam"

This is a great gift! I requested a copy yesterday, received it today, scanned through it and already found a couple of problems I need to address with my setup. Tomorrow I'm going to Harbor Freight for some tools.

Thank you Rob and thank you Randy for the link.

I got Rob's book this morning to learn more about set up. Well done! Thank you, Rob.

Thank you Rob. I am just about to start out on mandolin and asked him for the book which he gave to me in less than half a day. It's good to know that this world really does have some nice, generous and honest people. Thank you Rob, you are indeed a true gentleman.

Unhappy Re: Rob Meldrum's Mandolin Set-Up eBook

Thank you Rob. Got the e-book yesterday. I plan do so the setup this weekend. The videos included in the email were great also. A big thanks.

Loretta

I just contacted Rob to get his ebook the other day. Thank you Rob! Mandolin can be challenging enough as it is. Taking the "mysteriousness" out of setup to ensure the best possible sound for a newb like myself is hugely helpful. Also, knowing what a store does when they say "pro setup" is helpful, as is being able to tweak as time goes on. Great resource!

Rob is the man! The ebook is very informative and well written.

Same day reply and the ebook looks fantastic Thanks Rob, can't wait to get going with it!

Thanks for the info. I just bought my son a new left handed mandolin and will try to get a copy of the setup manual.

One more very big THANK YOU for the ebook! My mandolin was pretty well set up already, but the ebook helped me make it even better. Great information.

Wow, how great! I'm struggling with an old flattop, and this sounds like it will steer me right. Requested!!

Blog Entries

I add my praise and thanks. Rob's book is not just for owners of cheap mandolins. Even a very expensive mandolin properly setup for one individual will probably benefit from another setup if it is to be used by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by HonketyHank View Post
    I add my praise and thanks. Rob's book is not just for owners of cheap mandolins. Even a very expensive mandolin properly setup for one individual will probably benefit from another setup if it is to be used by someone else.
    i just received my very first mandolin - a Kentucky KM-150 from Elderly.

I unboxed it, tuned it up and played it for a bit - well, i'm a beginner, so I 'tried' to play. I used Rob's book to set the bridge height, intonate, and check the nut.

The bridge fit the body super well, the string heights already match Rob's recommendation right out of the box. It looks like Elderly did a pretty good setup on this instrument.

Regardless, Rob's book is terrific and at least I have a sense that any issues that emerge are due to technique and building skills, not the instrument.

Thanks Rob!! Very cool that you took the time and effort to do this, then offer it for free....fantastic.
    Weber Black Ice F
    Gretsch Vintage F Oval hole
    Washburn A, Oval hole Mandola
    Weber Black Ice F Octave Mandolin

I just got Rob's book, and it seems very well written. He responded to my inquiry right away, and I can't wait to have the chance to get this mandolin set up right. I'll be sure to report back with what I am sure will be a success story.

Thank you Rob. I received the emanual and will get to work on it this weekend.