Thread: Chords to this song (Reggae)

Default Chords to this song (Reggae)

I'm bran new to mandolin but I've been eyeing this song for awhile, i tried to transfer the chords over to mandolin but it doesn't sound right, I'm thinking Am and Dm but it doesn't work. so if some one could help me out that would be greatly appreciated, i'm sure its just a rookie mistake here should be easy but i cant find the sound, also since its Reggae i'm thinking it has to be a bared chord like how Am is so you can deaf the strings. anyways, any help is appreciate thank you

Default Re: Chords to this song (Reggae)

Well, I'm rusty on my ukulele chords and only watched the first minute or so but looks like he's alternating between Cmaj and Cminor.

There are some ukulele chord finders on the Internet that might help. Also, you can post this over at Ukuleke Underground and the nice folk over there will help you out. Have fun it's a fun song.

Found this site that will help you figure out chords:

http://ukebuddy.com/chord-namer

Also wanted to add that if you can pull the video up in the youtube html5 viewer you can slow it down, a handy feature.
    Last edited by bigskygirl; Nov-10-2014 at 2:15pm. Reason: Add link and info
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7

Default Re: Chords to this song (Reggae)

It's Cm and Fm. Sometimes he plays an Fm6 on beats 3 and 4. If you want those chords on a mandolin I'd use 5568 for the Cm and 5334 for the Fm. Hammer on to 5354 for the Fm6. It's easiest if you barre the 3rd fret for those Fm chords.
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me