Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally I found the Ultimate Mando pick!

Default Finally I found the Ultimate Mando pick!

Okay mando pick geeks, throw away your Bluechips, McCary,V picks, Red Bears, Turtle, etc. Finally somebody came up with the ultimate Monroe style pick, but it ain't cheap and there may only be one made. I've never seen another one but I'm going to pass on this one so some other Monroeite fan can have it. If price is an indicator of how it performs this is as good as it will get for mandolin pickers. On ebay right now so hurry and bid strong if you want it:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-MONROE-...E:B:SS:US:1123

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to f5loar For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Finally I found the Ultimate Mando pick!

I'd be all over it if there was free shipping. No way I'm gonna pay $2 to ship that thing....
    Also, I think the burnt in letters are meant to keep the pick from slipping in your fingers

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Does the seller really think this was Bill Monroe's pick? Or if he knows it isn't, does he really think there is some poor dumb sucker out there who will think that? Granted, all he needs is one out of 7,000,000,000 people in the world dumb enough to take the bait, but ... Jeez!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

yeah the lack of free shipping sucks on this one. He does not say it's Monroe's pick only has his name on it. IF you look through his other picks for sale you see the famous ones like Bob Dylan are up there in price. Most of the lessor known artist are around $10. He even has some original "Dawg" picks but not cheap because it's the "Dawg". Funny the Elvis pick is cheaper than the Monroe pick.

Yeah but it's from "(((( BILL MONROE - FATHER BLUEGRASS ))))" !!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
    Yeah but it's from "(((( BILL MONROE - FATHER BLUEGRASS ))))" !!!!!
    and it's ***ULTRA MEGA RARE***

8. The following members say thank you to Mark Wilson for this post:

garded

and you know why it's rare because it's a guitar pick! not mandolin

And Monroe only ever used ONE PICK EVER!!

On Gibson`s web site there is a picture of Monroe`s mandolin with a pick under the strings, it IS white but it is more rounded than the bargain shown on that ad.....Probably just an old plastic pick that sold for 50 cents....

Even if it's not Bill Monroe's actual pick, the quality of this item speaks for itself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monroe-pick.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	122022

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f5loar View Post
    He does not say it's Monroe's pick only has his name on it. IF you look through his other picks for sale you see the famous ones like Bob Dylan are up there in price.
    OK, I misread that. Pretty shoddy workmanship on that one. The Dylan one is more like it. Still, that's an awful lot for some cheap hooey. And I don't know who Pink Cream 69 or Mitch Perry are, nor why "their" picks rate that price, much more than, oh, say John Denver. My favorite, though, is Patti LaBelle. You know how many picks singers go through.

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Okay you missed one chance at an authentic genuine "Bill Monroe" pick from the 60's. So here is your 2nd chance to get one before Christmas. Be the envy at your local jam as you pass around this pick for other jammers to drool over. This won't last long so better get it while it's still cheap.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-MONROE-...item487535bac0

WOW! What a bargain, and a payment plan available. If only I had an ebay account.
    Bill Snyder

I'm holding out for the Flatt and Scruggs matched set.

Wow, I wish he had two, I would definitely buy them if he had two.

On second thought I'm not paying $2.00 to ship them!

This guy sells over 300 picks a month for a minimum of $9.99, but many sell for much more than that. Add to that a serious shipping mark-up for "alot of time!"

That's a pretty good income for not doing a lot. That DIY plastic print machine was a great investment for him and people are loving his merchandise!
    Last edited by jochemgr; Dec-11-2014 at 11:15pm. Reason: spelling miztakes

I'm waiting for the Kenny Baker version.
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    Granted, all he needs is one out of 7,000,000,000 people in the world dumb enough to take the bait, but ... Jeez!
    When I first started playing music "professionally" we were in Columbus, Ohio playing the bars opposite The Ohio State University campus, where at the time they had an enrollment of 50,000 students. Not being greedy, I calculated our crowd size based on a similar thinking. That is, IF we could draw from the student population just a mere half of one percent, that would be 250 people nightly, and that doesn't take into account non-students in a city of approx 900,000.....well, it never seemed to work out for us back then, we were lucky to draw 20-30 people who liked what we did. Then again, maybe they just liked the beer!

Blog Entries

I need one for my Schmergel.
    The more I learn, the less I know.

Peter Jenner
    Blackheathen

Facebook

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jochemgr View Post
    This guy sells over 300 picks a month for a minimum of $9.99, but many sell for much more than that. Add to that a serious shipping mark-up for "alot of time!"

That's a pretty good income for not doing a lot. That DIY plastic print machine was a great investment for him and people are loving his merchandise!
    Creepy. One who spent $ 102 wrote "Fantastic my son will love this". Useless gifts from clueless people are embarrassing enough, but obvious junk from close relatives - where do you even begin to react properly?
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

23. The following members say thank you to Bertram Henze for this post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mando View Post
    When I first started playing music "professionally" we were in Columbus, Ohio playing the bars opposite The Ohio State University campus, where at the time they had an enrollment of 50,000 students. Not being greedy, I calculated our crowd size based on a similar thinking. That is, IF we could draw from the student population just a mere half of one percent, that would be 250 people nightly, and that doesn't take into account non-students in a city of approx 900,000.....well, it never seemed to work out for us back then, we were lucky to draw 20-30 people who liked what we did. Then again, maybe they just liked the beer!
    What years were you playing High Street and what kind of music were you playing?
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Blog Entries

Deleted -- duplicate post!
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Blog Entries

From that auction:

"ONE PICK (1) ******* BILL MONROE - old 60s BLUEGRASS******* (wht/green) ***ULTRA RARE***guitar pick as seen in the scan! >>>>> I am listing picks from a massive collection of over 12,000 picks that I recently acquired!!! Alot of old 80's bands, glam rock, metal, and classic rock!!!! Some of these, you will only see one time, and then they are gone, don't miss out <<<<<

*** ALL ITEMS ARE 100% AUTHENTIC ARTIST GUITAR PICKS *** All items come direct from the band or crew member! I have many connections in the music industry, and over 25 years of collecting concert memorabilia!

SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!!!!! $2.00 within the United States - $3.00 International YES, i always combine shipping on multiple items, but you must request a final invoice, or wait until each weeks listings have all ended!!!!!!!!"

Well that rings true to me. I'm going to bid on it. Anyone with friends "in the music business" who can supply 12,000 picks must be quite a guy (or gal) -- I don't see how you could go wrong.

But not to worry even after I win this one I'll bet another genuine Bill Monroe pick will be found deep in that collection.
    Bernie
    ____

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Daniel View Post
    ***ULTRA RARE***guitar pick as seen in the scan!.
    That's a typo. Should have said "scam."

28. The following members say thank you to journeybear for this post:

I want DNA proof before I lay down the cash.