Thread: Trying to form bluegrass band in Brussels --Need Members!

Default Trying to form bluegrass band in Brussels --Need Members!

Howdy folks, I'm new here; not sure if I chose the right place to put this, but couldn't find anywhere better. So, here 'tis...

I'm a Monroe-style bluegrass mandolin player who just moved to Sterrebeek, Belgium (Brussels area) with my father (an excellent classical violinist who is trying to become a fiddler) and brother (an intermediate banjo picker). We are here for my father's work and would like to form a band. We need a rhythm guitar player, upright bass player, and possibly another fiddle. This endeavour will be mostly for fun (queue joke about the salary of bluegrass musicians) ,but I do want to be able to put on a good show. Any money we do make will be shared equally, with a possible cut to fund band necessities (e.g. Microphone).

I would appreciate any responses, I know the Mandolin Cafe is perhaps not the best place to find players of other instruments, but it seems to be a very functional and effective hub for acoustic musicians in general. Any info about bluegrass in Belgium would also be helpful.

-Thanks!

Default Re: Trying to form bluegrass band in Brussels --Need Members!

Hi C. Welter,

My name is Damian and I have also moved to Brussels (Auderghem) recently. I am a spanish flamenco guitar amateur player that is starting to know and love bluegrass music. I am looking for a bluegrass band or garage jam to start with and I guess I could be a decent rhythm guitar player "out of the box", I would love to learn flatpicking guitar also.

Please, if u are interested let me know how we could meet to talk further.

Thanks,

Damian

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trying to form bluegrass band in Brussels --Need Members!

I can recommend checking out a local band The Sons Of Navarone for inspiration. Maybe see where they play locally to get a hook in to the local BG scene there.
    Eoin

"Forget that anyone is listening to you and always listen to yourself" - Fryderyk Chopin