Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1819202122

Thread: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet music.

Default Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

That is a cribbed waltz titled "L'Indifference." It is composed by Joseph Colombo and Tony Mureno, Italian immigrants who arrived in Paris in time to enjoy the explosion of bal musette venues called guinguettes. There are lots of transcriptions of this fast-paced java waltz. I've attached my transcriptio/arrangement based on the 1942 edition from Léon Agel, M 144.

Since I can't see the sheet music, I don't know what arrangement they're using but it is typical bal musette. Nearly all the bal musette composers were Italian immigrants. If you want, you can order my CD with 75+ bal musette titles in PDF format. It is called "French Soirée" via Pay Pal. Bon Chance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L'Indifference_d_F.pdf  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandophile For This Useful Post:

YES! That is indeed the song in key of FMaj. And here is where I get to feel really silly - I actually downloaded an arrangement of it in GMaj last year after exploring bal musette online. It was beyond my ability then and I hadn't remembered having downloaded the sheet music. Well at least I am consistent in what catches my ear and gets stuck there!

How do I find your Bal Musette CD of PDFs? Merci beaucoup!

Hi, everyone. I got my copy of Heroes in the mail on Saturday. Wonderful, and informative. I haven't gotten to the "dense" parts yet, but so far it's great. Thanks as always, Sheri!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christopher Stetson For This Useful Post:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9zhxeekpy...Zb9lDzWUa?dl=0

this is the audio file link which includes an Index of titles as a PDF. Many if not most of the titles are in the Drop Box. Learn from the pros as to what this music sounds like, the right tempos etc.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandophile For This Useful Post:

just updated and uploaded the Italian audio file Index. Little by little I am trying to fill in the missing titles or recordings. Sorry for any inconvenience. Hope you're enjoying the dances, too! Just uploaded Vicari playing on the Columbia label "Allegria in Montagna."

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandophile For This Useful Post:

Not since September have I updated the Index for the combined folders. See attached.

One new and enchanting composition (intermezzo-serenata) from the Hero on Bleecker Street, "Sogno D'Autunno", added to the Cardilli folder. Dedicated to his 'figlia' Vittoria, it was probably a vain attempt to win her affection in an ugly separation between Cardilli's wife and Cardilli. She took the daughter and Cardilli, the son. While they never divorced (you simply can't do that!), the estrangement got worse with his wife "living in sin" with a much younger man.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COMBINED_TITLES_2.11.2019_1P.pdf  

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandophile For This Useful Post:

The book launch at Volpi's in downtown Petaluma on my birthday was a delight. Mandolinists came out and a grand daughter of Maestro Luigi Canoro. It was such a delight to meet Shelley Diamond and her Italian mandolin-playing boyfriend. I know so many descendants in the virtual world as a result of my research but to meet someone is rare. As mentioned in my HEROES book, Canoro's internment was a couple of miles from where my mother lived. As a result of Shelley's hard work, a beautiful photo of his placque appears at the end of his chapter. It honors the best composer in the book...the songbird of Naples!

see attached photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0147.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	174802  

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandophile For This Useful Post:

It has been several months since I added anything to the Drop Box. The final push to get HEROES published took every ounce of energy. I'm happy to say that these new titles are ALL TESIO! They were in sad shape and could not have endured any additional handling. As a result, they were scanned with great caution and required special care.

THE UPDATED INDEX --as attached-- contains six new titles. Tesio was in the early stages of building his mandolin music catalog (and would reissue titles with Century as they became best selling titles. While the older generation of mandolinists was nearly extinct and the Belle Epoque waned, one might have been able to find these titles via European publishers but Tesio's arrangements remained a rich resource. He was so careful after the copyright office nearly shut him down (details in my HEROES book!) that he made darn sure he covered himself. You'll note his conscientious record and adherence to the rules of copyright on the title pages. Enjoy these additions to the Drop Box.

TESIO FOLDER LINK
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ge77nkdb8...7XP6wylRa?dl=0

NEW INDEX ATTACHED

West Point March (M1 only)
    Tre Amici Trio
    Treno Lampo Trio Marucelli
    Bridal polka M1 Carosio
    Squilli di Udine Trio (there are several Faruzzi in the Drop Box--all are a cut above!)
    Chrysanthemum (M1 only) Sartori
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COMBINED_TITLES_2.26.2019_8A.pdf  

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandophile For This Useful Post: