Thread: Shout out to Rob Meldrum

Default Shout out to Rob Meldrum

Just wanna give a shout out to Rob Meldrum for his free ebook about properly setting up a mandolin! Always a pleasure to see mandolinists helping one another out! If you wanna get a copy of it shoot him an email at Rob.Meldrum@gmail.com

Default Re: Shout out to Rob Meldrum

Yep, Rob is da man.

I am from South Africa and he sent it promptly.

Regards.

Lot's of great info there! The section on checking intonation is a must read. It can solve so many issues that would normally drive you crazy. Rob, thank you so much for doing this.

Thanks, all. If you request the ebook between now and the first week of August I am going to be out of town in isolated places where Internet access is unpredictable. It may take a few days or so for me to respond to your requests. Have patience!

Rob

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob Meldrum For This Useful Post:

I got my copy today. Thanks so much!

Jackie

I'll add my own gratitude to Rob for a great resource, which he sent quickly in response to an email request. I've been a guitar player for 35 years and am pretty good at guitar setups, but have never played or fooled with a mandolin. I just picked up an inexpensive used mandolin to learn on (a Rover RM-75 that an friend was selling) that needed a little setup work and a new bridge, and Rob's guide has been really helpful. I particularly like the custom homemade nut saw idea, which has worked great for me. Thanks again, Rob.

Same here,,Rob spent a lot of time on that eBook,and I really Appreciate his Time and Effort! Thanks again Rob!

I requested Rob's free pdf guide for setting up a mandolin and he sent it the next day. He's a good soul! You can get a copy too by sending him an email at Rob.Meldrum@gmail.com.
    John

I checked my email this evening and there it was-Rob Meldrum’s Mandolin Setup Guide. Lots of info here…thanks.

Let me add my eternal thanks to the incredibly generous and talented Rob Meldrum!

The book is priceless!

So kind of him to lend his expertise and experience, and for free. What a lovely human I play many instruments and don't have a huge income so I have to make the most of sometimes questionable secondhand instruments and some DIY. This is such an amazing resource!

Another thank you to Rob Meldrum - hoping to put his valuable advice to good use soon!

A HUGE shout out to Rob! After reading posts on this thread I emailed him and I literally had the ebook in my inbox within an hour. Many Thanks to him and all his expertise!

Received my copy today. Lots of good material. Thanks again!