Thread: European World of Bluegrass coming up this week!

Arnhem, the Netherlands; Nanjing, China; Ithaca NY USA

Default European World of Bluegrass coming up this week!

May 29-30-31 (Thurs-Fri-Sat) in Voorthuizen (Netherlands), about 80 km east of Amsterdam. See the official website for times, band lineup etc. Of course the best part is jamming in multiple European languages -- with the language of blue grass music being the lingua franca. Of course plenty of mandolinists -- I especially enjoy the Czech and Slovaks who are not only in general super technicians, but bring in Slavic folk elements into their playing. Bill Keith has come for the past five years or so, unoficially (although he ususally ends up on stage) and wanders around semi-anonymously (look for the B-natural brown baseball cap) -- and he will sit down and play Shenandoah Valley Breakdown so you can try your best to imitate the original recording.

Look for me with the Prucha A5 with tortoise binding, also I am doing duty in the festival office every afternoon 1600-1900.

Default Re: European World of Bluegrass coming up this week!

Dear swampstomper,
    I need your national expertise: Do you remember the name of the shop, that is a regular at the EWOB trade fair and sells mostly mandolins? Something with "... snaarinstrumenten".
    By the way, I bought a Prucha A-5 with tortoise binding from them, in 2013.
    Thank you for your help
    Frank Wortmann

Default Re: European World of Bluegrass coming up this week!

Boetzkes?