Thread: Mando fun in Concord NH

Just a quick report in the midst.
    Lovely facility (Concord Community Music School) with the most gracious hosts.
    David Surette has done a terrific job, as have those who helped him. Everything running smoothly and on time.
    Lessons from Skip Gorman, Butch Baldassari. and David Surette. Good stuff.
    Lawrence Smart is a guest and he brought along a bunch of beautiful instruments and did a workshop on setup etc. Was a treat. Got to hear all instructors play them, which was very interesting, and try them ourselves. Awesome mandocello.
    Evening concert was excellent - Skip,Butch, and David sharing and trading songs, some solo, some together. Susie Burke delivered a couple of lovely vocals, one, a duet with Skip was priceless.
    Was nice to hear Skip's new MM alongside Butch's '25. Very nice together, and clearly different voices. With David's '18 F2 in the mix it was quite a sound.
    Lot of great folks and great music. And did I say great mandolins?
    Back for more today.

rasa

part two
    good wrap up today, we covered some very interesting topics about technique, methodology, etc. and examples from the gathering/evening concert itself.
    My thanks to three great instructors and individuals - Butch, David, and Skip.
    If any of you Cafe members get the chance, and I'm sure you will (or already have had), make the effort to attend an event where they teach. Each has a special way of imparting significant assistance.
    mandobar, and new mandolin acquaintances who may or may not frequent here, I enjoyed your companionship for a pleasurable weekend. What could be better than a music school totally taken over by mandolinists?
    Came home to band practice and felt like I was 'sittin on top of the world'. Jumped into a couple of new songs with extra pinkie conciousness, slides. and bass double stops on my mind!

rasa