Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1923 Gibson K-5 Mandocello Sighting

Blog Entries

Default Re: 1923 Gibson K-5 Mandocello Sighting

Greg Boyd is selling quality tail pieces with "The Gibson" engraved on them but you would have to get the edging put on as well as distressing it I think?
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

The problem there is the etching design at the top that the standard Gibson tailpiece cover had. Does anyone do a Loar cover with just "The Gibson" and the outer etching?

Phil

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goaty76 View Post
    The problem there is the etching design at the top that the standard Gibson tailpiece cover had. Does anyone do a Loar cover with just "The Gibson" and the outer etching?

Phil
    Sent you a PM
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Just in case anyone has been wondering for the past 4 plus years the K-5 in the original post IS a 1924. I just noticed that in the comment section the author of the blog page says he talked to the owner of the K-5 and it was a mistake that it was listed as a ‘23. Now, I wonder if the example from the Vintage Guitar article is actually a ‘23 or a mistake as well? I’ll have to go find my copy.

Phil