Thread: The Loar LM-590-MS Mandolin Introduced

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default The Loar LM-590-MS Mandolin Introduced

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    The Loar LM-590-MS Mandolin Introduced

The Music Link Corporation has announced the availability of The Loar LM-590-MS mandolin, a solid hand-carved instrument in a resonant thin satin finish with ultra-clean aesthetics.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: The Loar LM-590-MS Mandolin Introduced

Looks like a great starter instrument. It also looks like the company has taken note of all the talk about how the thick varnish finishes were muffling their sound, hence the new 'resonant thin satin' finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron McMillan View Post
    Looks like a great starter instrument. It also looks like the company has taken note of all the talk about how the thick varnish finishes were muffling their sound, hence the new 'resonant thin satin' finish.
    I just bought one from a small shop in Littleton MA. Overpaid by about $50 but well worth it to keep it local. It has serious bite, and will sound even better once I get it set up. It's at my repair guy right now, getting dialed in. It also came with a serious hard shell case, uncommon from my experience with the sub-$1000 mandos. I am partial to gloss finishes, and I prefer having a fretboard extension, but it's got a very nice feel and plays great.

Blog Entries

Thought I should use post a link about my LM-590 mandolin that I posted last week. I bought it on Nov. 20th, it's now been played for maybe 10 - 12 hours, and it's really opening up already. I did buy a Weber Nymph for it but that's all. So here's the link: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...s-in-the-house. Take care everyone and pick smartly.
    I think, therefore, I pick.