The following comes to me via Doc Rossi, an accomplished player of baroque-era cittern relatives. There are several such historic-instrument lists (lute, early guitar/vihuela, and baroque lute) run by Wayne Cripps out of Dartmouth. Please feel free to subscribe or pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by
Dear Eugene,

As you've probably read in the other groups we belong to, Wayne at Dartmouth has agreed to set up a list for historical citterns. I hope you'll join and contribute as there aren't that many of us (at least that I know of), but I think it's time for a list like this, away from the hustle and bustle of lutes, vihuelas, guitars and CBOMs! If you know of anyone else I should invite to join, or of any other group I should send an announcement to, please send me the address, or let them know about it yourself. Feel free to forward this message or the one I sent to other lists to any individuals or groups you think might be interested, too - I've sent an announcement to the Lute Net, Vihuela, Cittern@yahoo, and Fretted Friends, so I'm lacking mandolin and guitar groups, for a start.

As usual, to subscribe, send an empty email with the word "subscribe" in the subject line to

cittern-request@cs.dartmouth.edu

Thanks a lot,

Doc