Thread: Got my V Picks from contest

Default Got my V Picks from contest

I got the three V Picks in the mail today. I went out and tuned up my Weber Yellowstone and played for little while with my Blue Chip TAD1-R 50 to get warmed up and get accustomed to the tone. I first tried out the Tremolo pick 1mm and with very sharp points. It was very loud with quite a bit of pick noise. Then I tried the Round Ruby Red 2.75 mm, much less pick noise but, the tone was very quite and smooth sounding. I don't really know how to explain it other than that. The 3rd one was the Saga, a 1.5 mm shaped very much like my BC. It sounded very nice and hardly any pick noise. The tone wasn't as full as the BC but, it was nice. All of them had a standard bevel. I wish they had a right hand bevel but I can always do that myself. I asked Vinni if they made them with the RH bevel, he said no. Overall the Saga was the best for me. I will show the other two to some of my friends to try out.

I want to thank Vinni for continued support for the Café and to Scott for all that he does.
    Last edited by George R. Lane; Jan-13-2014 at 10:03pm. Reason: spelling errors

Default Re: Got my V Picks from contest

I also think the clear tremolo pick should have a colored shape or something in its center as it is very difficult to see when dropped or laying on something.

Unless Webster in incorrect, spelling should be tremolo not tremelo as it states on the tremolo V pick ! Maybe I have a mis-spelled one of a kind pick and it will be worth millions ! This pick does a very good job with the tremolo and I thank you for it !

Lol,nope.All of mine have the "e" too.

Maybe we can split the million if we have the only two !

My Florida is scooped pheffernan's Avatar

I got mine as well. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with the Ruby Red; however, the Tremelo may well be the best pick I have for my flattops, and the Saga will enter the rotation with my Blue Chip CT-55 and Wegen TF140 on my archtops this weekend. Thanks Vinni and Scott!
    1924 Gibson A Snakehead
    2005 National RM-1
    2007 Hester A5
    2009 Passernig A5
    2015 Black A2-z
    2010 Black GBOM
    2017 Poe Scout
    2014 Smart F-Style Mandola
    2018 Vessel TM5
    2019 Hogan F5

Constantly In Search Of.. Michael Bridges's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got one of their 2.75mm "medium round" (the ruby red) as a try-out pick in an order.Was very dubious about such a board, but tried it out. It really drives tone on my mandolin, with very little effort. I quickly fell in love with it, and use it a lot now.
    Music speaks to us all. And to each of us, she speaks with a different voice.

J Bovier A5 Tradition