Thread: Simon Mayor - The Art Of Mandolin

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Simon Mayor - The Art Of Mandolin

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    Simon Mayor - The Art Of Mandolin

Simon Mayor's The Art Of Mandolin is the newest release from one of the UK's most celebrated mandolinists.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: Simon Mayor - The Art Of Mandolin

Who will carry this CD in the USA. I went online to order it from the artist and by the time I added the shipping, the price was pretty high, as our currency exchange against the UK Pound is not favorable. I am sure this is a great CD and I am anxious to have it. Looked for it on iTunes and Amazon and did not see it.
    Michael A. Harris
    the dulcILLINI
    Collings MF5 Mandolin
    Collings MT2 Mandola
    McSpadden Custom Mountain Dulcimer
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Travel Guitar
    "Home is the place we grow up wanting to leave and die trying to get back to." Nash

It's available as an MP3 download for $13 and change. That's still a bit high compared to current Amazon and iTunes pricing for MP3 albums (around $9), but it avoids the shipping cost:

http://www.acousticsrecords.co.uk/acatalog/AOM_MP3.html
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Apr-24-2014 at 12:34pm. Reason: link no longer working, left as reference

I tried to contact Simon thru his contact form but it gave me an error msg. I sent him a msg via his Facebook page.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

I just heard from Simon. I think we were all jumping the gun (myself included)...

The CD is actually not officially released until later this month, which is why it's not in any of the obvious places yet. I'm assuming you saw it on Mandolin Cafe? Scott Tichenor had an advance copy and put the notice up on the site.

It will be appearing on iTunes very soon - probably tomorrow or Wednesday. Our distributors in the UK put it on Amazon, which could be nearer the end of January.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Thanks so much to all of you. I will wait patiently. He is one of my favorite artists. I think I have most of his works.
    Michael A. Harris
    the dulcILLINI
    Collings MF5 Mandolin
    Collings MT2 Mandola
    McSpadden Custom Mountain Dulcimer
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Travel Guitar
    "Home is the place we grow up wanting to leave and die trying to get back to." Nash

Advance of shipping from UK Mfgr? Pester Elderly they may order a bunch of them ..
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

I also heard from Simon that it should be on iTunes very soon (maybe even today) and that he also has an arrangement with the distribution arm of Elderly so it should be in stores when it is officially released.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately: