Thread: Happy Veteran's Day

Default Happy Veteran's Day

Wishing all the Veteran's and Active Military an enjoyable and SAFE Veteran's Day.

Go Army!

Lee

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandolinlee For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Happy Veteran's Day

With a big 'thank you!' for your service
    --------------------------------
    1920 Lyon & Healy bowlback
    1923 Gibson A-1 snakehead
    1952 Strad-o-lin
    1983 Giannini ABSM1 bandolim
    2009 Giannini GBSM3 bandolim
    2011 Eastman MD305

Blog Entries

Just listened to a Public Radio program on vets who ran into various difficulties. One of them mentioned that when you thank a vet for his/her service you should also ask how they are doing. I was lucky to have a job waiting for me when I got back. One guy said his MOS was for a combat ground troop category. When he got out they went through all that process of making sure he didn't owe any money for anything, (I remember it well, returning the field jacket and such) and handing him the packet of orders and then out the door you go, completely on your own after however many years of being a part of a team that demanded your every minute of the day. Not to many jobs available for the rocket and combat category I suppose. Some out there are really struggling but there are some people now who are trying to reach those having difficulties. Contact the VA even if you have tried previously, there are changes happening however slowly. Best to all the vets.

Sorry if I'm a bit late, but, happy Veteran's day, everybody. Thank you for serving and keeping America free.