Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Even the Big Boys get nervous

Default Re: Even the Big Boys get nervous

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Coletti View Post
    Oi, the Bluegrass Police Police Police has no authority here; as Bluegrass Police Police Police Police, I...

...probably need to log off and rethink my life decisions.

--Tom
    Yes, it was one of the more ludicrous responses, Tom (BB's not yours)

Quote Originally Posted by f5loar View Post
    As far as the Steff looking a bit nervous before 20 million people watching is mandolin break, don't you get nervous when someone points a finger at you in public?
    I started to just let this go, but I can't. If this is referring to my original post, you need to go back and read it. I was expressing nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for Steffey and all of those guys. I was not trying to dis someone for being human and being nervous in front of millions of viewers! I was just amazed at what professionals they were for pulling off a spot on performance under tremendous pressure. Again, go back and read my original post. This thread reminds me of that whisper game where a group sits in a circle and one starts a chain by whispering something into the next persons ear and by the time it gets around the circle its completely different than the original.

3. The following members say thank you to Mandosummers for this post:

I don't think it was you pointing the finger at the Steff................... it was Jackson! He learned that from David Lee Roth of Van Halen Rock&Roll fame. See video if you dare:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Tx4FyPf7s

Quote Originally Posted by f5loar View Post
    I don't think it was you pointing the finger at the Steff................... it was Jackson! He learned that from David Lee Roth of Van Halen Rock&Roll fame. See video if you dare:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Tx4FyPf7s
    That video was painful. I have a new least favorite song.
    ...and Mr Jackson's version of bluegrass sounds much better now.

Too many threads have somehow followed a convoluted path that leads back to that DLR performance. That is surely one of the most hidious, gag inducing things I have ever seen. A stark example of the dark side of the internet. I curse my own morbid curiosity for clicking on it yet again.

Well I did dare you. Maybe I should have "double dog dare" you. However in defense of Alan Jackson after viewing the DLR video again I will say Jackson's pointing is much more quick and direct, likely due to the fact he knew who was taking the next break. I think DLR got confused a few times and had to spin around to find the guy taking the break before pointing. At least no one has complained about the near 8 minute song on the Jackson CD like they did with the Beatles "Hey Jude" in 1968. I don't look for that one to get a lot of air play, however the DJ's love those long songs. It gives more time to go to the bathroom.

<inappropriate>