Austin, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluegrass Jams

So I'm pretty new to Austin, So I was wondering where/when some cool jams are. (I'm sure there's plenty...)
    - Jack

Breedlove Quartz FF
    Fender Custom Shop '57 relic Stratocaster
    Rosewood Taylor

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

Central Texas Bluegrass Association has a weekly jam at Scholz Garden on Sundays.
    Mark

Mark Seale Music

Comment

Awesome, Good to know.

Usually pretty good turnout?
      - Jack

Breedlove Quartz FF
      Fender Custom Shop '57 relic Stratocaster
      Rosewood Taylor

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

Comment

For a giant list of bluegrass jams in Austin and pretty much every other town in central Texas, go here:

http://centraltexasbluegrass.org/jams.html

The list contains jam sessions that are designated for differing skill levels too.

I've been to a couple of them and the folks I've met have all been very friendly.
        My GFs: Collings MF, Mandobird VIII, Mando-Strat, soprano & baritone ukuleles tuned to GDAE and a Martin X1-DE Guitar.

Comment

Sunday November 10th at Zilker Park there will be a lot of folks pickin' and having a good time.
          Details: Pickin-in-the-Park
          My GFs: Collings MF, Mandobird VIII, Mando-Strat, soprano & baritone ukuleles tuned to GDAE and a Martin X1-DE Guitar.

Comment

Austin, Texas

About this Group

This group is a general group for mandolinists, guitarists, fiddlers, banjo players and any other musicians in the Austin area. Created to discuss the mandolin/bluegrass scene, coordinate jams, etc.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 3
          Comments: 11

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X