Thread: Marshall Mando Summit

Blog Entries

Default Marshall Mando Summit

This doesn't need a news release because it's going to sell out in about 5 minutes once things open up. Mike Marshall, Caterina Lichtenberg, Sarah Jarosz, Don Stiernberg, Tim O'Brien. Marshall, Michigan, and the boys at Northfield and the Cafe are behind all this. We're just a sponsor but will likely be announcing a youth scholarship provided by the Cafe in the very near future.

Web site for the event. Likely we'll be there. Workshops, concerts, great food/beverage, etc.

The Marshall Mandolin Summit is a four-day mandolin experience held in Marshall, Michigan on August 17-20, 2017.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Marshall Mando Summit

Wow. I can't go this year but holy cow do I wish I could.

They must like Mike if they named the town after him.

Sing-up time is on my calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Pick View Post
    They must like Mike if they named the town after him.

Sing-up time is on my calendar.
    Having just attended the first Global Mandolin Retreat last weekend in Benicia, CA,
    (a shorter and perhaps beta test version with Mike Marshall, Caterina Lichtenberg and Don Stiernberg), I highly recommend this workshop for students of all levels. It was a great event. Many thanks to the instructors and organizers for carrying on the spirit of the late Mandolin Symposium!
    Rhonda Berney

Blog Entries

Soooo, where specifically within Marshall, MI does this take place? Trying to figure out logistics, primary of which is which hotel to stay in. I'm still young and spry, but if one is half the walk of the other, it'd be nice to know ahead of time. I'll figure out how to get from the airport, and which airport, later.

Blog Entries

Best hurry if you're interested. Not making this up. Adrian texted me 3-4 hours ago and said 2/3 sold out in 8 hours.

I would so love to go to this, but unless the Youth Scholarship mentioned above ends up in our laps, I doubt we'd be able to make it this year. I took intensive lessons with both Mike Marshall and Caterina Lichtenberg at Wintergrass last month and they are excellent teachers, performers, and more importantly, great people! We've been using Mike Marshall's lessons at Artistworks.com for the past 10-11 months and I can't recommend it enough. No matter what level your at and what style you like, there is more than enough material for you to explore.

Nice to see such an inspiring event develop, and kudos to the mandolincafe for kicking in and being a sponsor.
    ... not all those who wander are lost ...