Thread: Problem with Forum postings

Default Problem with Forum postings

For a while now, several weeks at least, I have been getting kicked off the Cafe before I have a chance to post in the Forum. It gives me the message “You do not have permission to perform this action. You must refresh and log off to try again”, or something similar to that. When I do that, I lose some of my post. Some of it gets auto saved but not all. If it s a time issue, I do use an iPad so it takes a while to type. But sometimes I type quite a while and it doesn’t do it, other times it happens with a relatively short post. Thinking that it has something to do with time, I find myself rushing and not completely thinking through my posts. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix? By the way, it started happening before the re-design, so I don’t think that’s a factor.
    Don

2016 Weber Custom Bitterroot F
    2011 Weber Bitterroot A
    1974 Martin Style A

Default Re: Problem with Forum postings

Don,
    If you have word on your iPad try typing in it there and then cut and paste it to the Café.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by multidon View Post
    For a while now, several weeks at least, I have been getting kicked off the Cafe before I have a chance to post in the Forum. It gives me the message “You do not have permission to perform this action. You must refresh and log off to try again”, or something similar to that. When I do that, I lose some of my post. Some of it gets auto saved but not all. If it s a time issue, I do use an iPad so it takes a while to type. But sometimes I type quite a while and it doesn’t do it, other times it happens with a relatively short post. Thinking that it has something to do with time, I find myself rushing and not completely thinking through my posts. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix? By the way, it started happening before the re-design, so I don’t think that’s a factor.
    Take another hard look at that message you're getting. I've never seen nor heard anyone on this forum report that the forum tells you to log off and re-login. When you login you really need to check the "Remember Me" box--it's there for a reason. The time you can leave a window open is considerable without digging around and trying to find that. That should not be the issue. It sounds like the issue is your browser appears to not be retaining your login credentials.

The redesign for the forum was nothing more than a change in browser generated background color and two images at the top in the header, neither which has anything to do with logging in, posting or any related activities.

Not to be argumentative, but it certainly appears to be part of the forum. It does not come up as a separate pop up box or new screen. The comment appears above the reply box right after you tap the “post quick reply” button. It looks imbedded in the screen to me.

I have participated in the Cafe for over seven years, using this same iPad for a very large chunk of that time. Never had any problems until relatively recently. Nothing has changed in the way I do things except for updating the operating system from time to time.

I could check the “remember me” box I suppose, but I clear my cache every day, sometimes more than once, for security reasons. So any “remember me” stuff like cookies would clear as well.

I am just reporting a problem. I thought that was what I was supposed to do. I am sorry I am the only one who reported it. I believed I was being helpful. But I guess I’m just being annoying if I’m the only one experiencing it.
    Don

2016 Weber Custom Bitterroot F
    2011 Weber Bitterroot A
    1974 Martin Style A