Thread: Pete Wernick's Jam Camp in Prague, March 22-24

Thumbs up Pete Wernick's Jam Camp in Prague, March 22-24

I would like to invite the readers from Europe to visit Prague in March 22-24.

Pete Wernick, assisted by his wife Joan and by European bluegrass teachers, will lead the Europe's 1st Bluegrass Jam Camp.

More info at http://drbanjo.com/classes/2013-03-p...ick-prague.php

Disclaimer: I have no connection with this event, apart from positive experience from several [banjo] workshops Pete taught in Longford, Ireland, and of course apart from the fact that this event is held in my beautiful hometown - Prague.

Mirek

Thumbs up Re: Pete Wernick's Jam Camp in Prague, March 22-24

In the latest issue of his e-newsletter (from 1st February) Pete Wernick writes:

Response to the first all-Europe jam camp has been very good so far. We have signed up 13 people, from England, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and the Czech Republic! Multi-instrumentalist teachers Joff Lowson from England and Peter O. Ruby from the Czech Republic will be assisting me.
    As you can imagine, I'm very excited to see that Europe's first Jam Camp is drawing so well. Capacity is about 30, which we hope to reach in the next few weeks. The all-Europe aspect is significant, and I've greatly appreciated the support of the EBMA (European Bluegrass Music Assn.) from the beginning.

Default Re: Pete Wernick's Jam Camp in Prague, March 22-24

I'm looking forward to join the camp with my mandolin. I travel from Denmark and I plan to be in Prague a day or two before and maybe stay a few days after camp. Do you know of any nearby hotel or room to rent, as my legs are not what they used to be.

Registered User grassrootphilosopher's Avatar

Default Re: Pete Wernick's Jam Camp in Prague, March 22-24

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I'm looking forward to join the camp with my mandolin. I travel from Denmark and I plan to be in Prague a day or two before and maybe stay a few days after camp. Do you know of any nearby hotel or room to rent, as my legs are not what they used to be.
    The hotel where the Jam Camp is held is quite reasonable: (Hotel Svornost
    Novozámecká 284, 190 12 Praha-Dolní Počernice, Tschechische Republik
    +420 281 932 122) http://www.svornost.cz/index.php?nid...=cs&oid=741946 (around 45,- to 50 EUR). And hey, there are quite a number of hostels in Prague: http://de.hostelbookers.com/results/...ort=shared_asc The prices are very (reasonable). The link leads you to hostels starting at about 8,- EUR.

And by the way, Mirek Patek is a bluegrass banjo picker on a 4 string. Impressive. Czech him out!

I wish the Wernick Jam Camp all the best. And what´s more, the effort of our czech bretheren in bluegrass is impressive. Go there, you won´t be disapointed (czech hospitality, music, food...).
    Olaf