Thread: Shout out for Ronny Harrison straps

Default Shout out for Ronny Harrison straps

I just received a Ronny Harrison strap that I ordered through the Northfield store. I’ve always found it difficult to find guitar and mando straps that I really love, but I don’t need to look any further. This strap is great — just a simple thin strap of supple, substantial-feeling, tastefully stamped high quality leather. It fits perfectly around the headstock of my A style Northfield. It’s small enough that it tucks right into the case with my mando. A bit more expensive than the straps hanging on the rack at Guitar Center, but well worth it — this thing seems made to last as long as my mandolin.

2. The following members say thank you to AgentKooper for this post:

Gunnar 

Default Re: Shout out for Ronny Harrison straps

Pics?
    "It doesn't matter how much you invest in your instrument until you invest in you and your ability..."

Kentucky KM-150
    Eastman MD-404
    Eastman MD-305
    Morgan Monroe MFM-300 (passed on to a new player)
    Rover RM-75

I got one directly from him that is the same as what Northfield sells, very very nice. I love the look and the feel of it.
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

Here’s a photo from a site, nice, these are Ronny’s straps, I believe.
    The question I’d ask, though, is what’s with the wear on the guitar under the strings -someone practices without strings?
    Probably a simple answer...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E475FACE-B691-4487-A72E-173A4F7BDA27.jpeg 
Views:	168 
Size:	340.6 KB 
ID:	181796

A strap that is perfect for you is a wonderful thing. I have a bootlace for my A 1 that is just right for that mandolin, then there is a Bailey for my SA. Two very different takes on what a strap should be.

The simple answer is Bluegrass.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

I need a new strap for my old Gibson, thanks for the recommendation. With all consideration to Northfield, who I understand make fine instruments, I would rather not advertise a product that I don't use. And the Harrison straps they sell seem to have the Northfield logo on them.

Banjo Ben's site has the straps for the same price, sans logo. So I ordered one there. With my luck he has his logo plastered on them too.

Quote Originally Posted by stever1422 View Post
    I need a new strap for my old Gibson, thanks for the recommendation. With all consideration to Northfield, who I understand make fine instruments, I would rather not advertise a product that I don't use. And the Harrison straps they sell seem to have the Northfield logo on them.

Banjo Ben's site has the straps for the same price, sans logo. So I ordered one there. With my luck he has his logo plastered on them too.
    Yeah, it looks like he supplies the same strap to various companies stamped with their logos. Mine looks like the one pictured above, and I’ve seen the same thing on Banjo Ben’s site and elsewhere. I think you’ll like it. I was surprised how difficult it was to find a simple, well-made leather strap to replace my home-made one.