Thread: Bovier Electrics and Intonation

Default Bovier Electrics and Intonation

I was sad to hear that these instruments are no longer going to be produced and was wondering why. I found a few available on line and I am wondering how the intonation on these instruments is. It might be nice to add a 5 string to my slowly growing collection and quite frankly, they're cheap!.

Cheers,

Peter

Default Re: Bovier Electrics and Intonation

Wow - I guess no one has purchased this mandolin. I can't seem to find any reviews from actual users and no one is responding here. No wonder why they aren't being manufactured any more.

Blog Entries

A) Nothing on the JBovier website indicates Jeff is discontinuing the electric line. Though I wouldn't blame him given Fender's re-entry into the market. Where are you getting your info?

B) I've had no trouble with mine. I don't play it much since I moved to England, there's less call for it here than in the states. People here see a mandolin and they immediately think Bluegrass or Celtic. That and I need a power converter to keep from blowing fuses in my solid state amp. Be that as it may, JBovier are still the best factory made emando going

Daniel

My JBovier 5-string is amazing. Very good quality, especially for the price point. It's a shame if Jeff's not making them anymore. I may have to start hoarding them.