Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: New Fender Emando

Default Re: New Fender Emando

Mine arrived today and I'm pretty pleased. Expectations exceeded for sure. Two piece body but you really have to look carefully to find the seam. Overall looks great!

My action was really high but I cranked it down 2 or 3 turns and its pretty good now. Intonation was better then expected too. I'm thinking of buying some wilkinson compensated saddles for it but mainly for the brass as opposed to the intonation improvement. Other then that no other mods planned. I think I'd be better to focus on learning something to play other then loosing my religon.

I was pleasantly surprised how loud it was unplugged. Almost as loud as my rogue but that's likely more of a testament to how quiet the rogue is!

Plugged in it sounds great. Nice and mandoliny and works great for effects.

What's everyone suggesting for replacement strings?

Oval holes are cool David Lewis's Avatar

Jazzmando flatwound s are my choice for my solidbody.
    JBovier ELS; Epiphone MM-50 VN; Epiphone MM-40L; Gretsch New Yorker G9310; Washburn M1SDLB;

Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster; Squier Modified Vintage Cabronita Telecaster; Gretsch 5420T; Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat: Washburn Banjo B9; Ibanez RB 5string; Ibanez RB 4 string bass

Pedalboard for ELS: Morley Cry baby Miniwah - Tuner - EHX Soul Food Overdrive - EHX Memory Toy analog Delay
    Fender Blues Jr Tweed; Fender Greta;

Is there a clear choice for either a soft or hard case for the new Mando strat? I saw a few earlier suggestions in this thread but I'm looking for wisdom after experience. Anyone try the $29.95 Fender branded gigbag? How does that tweed rectangular tenor uke case work? Clean fit?

It's a great bargain at the price point, imo, but I think I am going to get the fully intonable bridge. Undecided on pickup changeout, need time with it after the bridge change I think. +1 for the "exceeds expectations" comments. This was exactly what I said upon receiving mine.

I bought it because I need something to travel and practice with for extended periods that is inexpensive and hardy enough for a high, desert mountain environment. Now that I have this one for that purpose I'm actually considering another to keep at home, on its own musical merits.

Comments and recommendations on cases and other issues from fellow Mando Strat owners appreciated! Mark.

Searching for the Sound

time for me to get a gig bag also ... what have people found useful???

mtm

Quote Originally Posted by Mark EL View Post
    Is there a clear choice for either a soft or hard case for the new Mando strat? I saw a few earlier suggestions in this thread but I'm looking for wisdom after experience. Anyone try the $29.95 Fender branded gigbag? How does that tweed rectangular tenor uke case work? Clean fit?

It's a great bargain at the price point, imo, but I think I am going to get the fully intonable bridge. Undecided on pickup changeout, need time with it after the bridge change I think. +1 for the "exceeds expectations" comments. This was exactly what I said upon receiving mine.

I bought it because I need something to travel and practice with for extended periods that is inexpensive and hardy enough for a high, desert mountain environment. Now that I have this one for that purpose I'm actually considering another to keep at home, on its own musical merits.

Comments and recommendations on cases and other issues from fellow Mando Strat owners appreciated! Mark.
    - 2013 Eastman MD 505
    - 2013 Fender MandoStrat
    - 2021 Eastman MD815

I bought the fender gig bag from musicians supply .I like it a lot, its got straps on back for easy transporting.pocket for chord tuner ect. I replaced the bridge tryed the moongazer but didnt like it.The saddels on the treble strings tipped when bending strings. I bought a calaham intonated saddel for a telecaster and used two out of the three. The distance betreen the screws are wider so the strings dont ride on screws like the wilkenson saddel.I also bouht the moongazer pickup but i sold it i liked the original better got the twang sound.

6. The following members say thank you to redrector for this post:

Thanks for the info above redrector! I was hoping the Fender bag at $30 would be the ticket. Interesting info on your ventures with bridge and pickup. Any other real experiments and conclusions out there? Thx, ML.

Blog Entries

Outside of the occasional univibe or octavia (and Holy Grail reverb), the mando is straight into the Marshall Class 5 mini plexi. These two were meant to be together.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JimRichter For This Useful Post:

YES!! I'm amazed that you got those serious TONZ from one of these little toys.

I like how if you didn't know that was an emando, that angle looks like Jim is 20 feet tall.

12. The following members say thank you to delsbrother for this post:

Can anyone top 219.00 shipped for one of these?
    Here 'tis...

I'll be re-finning this puppy in a custom color with a matching peghead, and adding a mint 'guard to boot...
    Any requests for color?
    I'm leaning towards Oly White...

Or, maybe do a copy of this one??

OK, over and out...
    Last edited by Spruce; Aug-21-2013 at 12:23pm.

Got mine yesterday. I like it, but have a few issues. When amplified, the sustain on the lower pitched strings (g and a) is way longer than on the higher pitched e string. Almost absurdly longer. A co-worker who plays the bass recommended that I adjust the pickup so that it is closer to the e string. Anyone else had this issue??

I will also try it through a new amp tonight.

Hey Bruce, did you notice the 4 on a plate tuners on that CAR mando? Was that standard for all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Altar View Post
    Hey Bruce, did you notice the 4 on a plate tuners on that CAR mando? Was that standard for all of them?
    Yeah, very interesting....
    Check out this one...

Ooh la la...

Adjusting the action at the bridge made a huge difference. No more freakish low sustain and more playable.

Good god bruce, fap material right there. freaking amazing.

Good god bruce, fap material right there. freaking amazing.
    I'm gonna go with a '62 CAR copy, as the anodized 'guard is too hard to reproduce...
    Stay tuned...

You could see about a spitfire tort guard over olympic white...

You could see about a spitfire tort guard over olympic white...

Or over a 'burst...
    Problem is, that burst sucks...

It does. Target burst for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru View Post
    When I was coming up, Tele's were for those who couldn't afford a real guitar. I really don't understand the attraction to them by current generation other than they are waxing prophetic for all things old. Just cause it's old doesn't mean it's good. That said, I did finally get a Telecaster but I got the Aerodyne Tele which, IMHO, fixes everything wrong with the standard Tele design.

I just so happen to have a Rickenbacker 650 Sierra - 24K Gold plated hardware and all. It's the meanest, rawkingest guitar you'll ever find.
    The current generation? Probably just cashing in on the wisdom of the previous generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Telecaster_players

Maybe have a look at TDPRI - likely the largest site dedicated to one model of instrument in existence.

Remind me what the current & historical significance of the 650 Sierra is, if you'd be so kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Remind me what the current & historical significance of the 650 Sierra is, if you'd be so kind?
    Absolutely none.
    VerneAndru.com | oKee.ComX

- ---==< V >==--- -

Oval holes are cool David Lewis's Avatar

I play a Tele, wouldn't play anything else. Except, of course, a mandolin. Or a banjo. Or a bass.
    JBovier ELS; Epiphone MM-50 VN; Epiphone MM-40L; Gretsch New Yorker G9310; Washburn M1SDLB;

Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster; Squier Modified Vintage Cabronita Telecaster; Gretsch 5420T; Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat: Washburn Banjo B9; Ibanez RB 5string; Ibanez RB 4 string bass

Pedalboard for ELS: Morley Cry baby Miniwah - Tuner - EHX Soul Food Overdrive - EHX Memory Toy analog Delay
    Fender Blues Jr Tweed; Fender Greta;

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce View Post
    Yeah, very interesting....
    Check out this one...

Ooh la la...
    Are the 4 on a plate machine heads available anywhere?
    This looks so much more elegant than the Kludgesons that the mandostrat appears to come with.
    Hereby & forthwith, any instrument with an odd number of strings shall be considered broken. With regard to mix levels, usually the best approach is treating the mandolin the same as a cowbell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50s-KLUSON-U...item5d43713ec1

I REALLY want these, especially because they are so rare, and rarely turn up, but it will be a little before I've got cash in the bank.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50s-KLUSON-U...item5d43713ec1

I REALLY want these, especially because they are so rare, and rarely turn up, but it will be a little before I've got cash in the bank.
    Thanks Altar...
    IOU one...