Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mandolin setup by Rob Meldrum

Default Re: Mandolin setup by Rob Meldrum

I just received and started reading Rob's book. I already have a list of things I want to check out on my mandolin. Thanks so much, Rob! Looking forward to having a better sounding and playing instrument.

My first post here on the Cafe is a thanks to Rob. He sent me his guide through email a few days ago and I have read through it twice now waiting for my first mandolin to arrive. I have no doubt it will make my learning curve that much quicker. It has even got me to reevaluate my guitar set ups and I am sure it will provide a benefit on my progression there as well.

Thanks Rob

Just got my FREE mandolin setup book from Rob!!! What a great guy to take the time to out this together and then offer it to others to help make their mandolin experience a positive one. THANKS ROB!!! Thanks from myself and everyone in the mandolin nation!
    Can't wait to use it!!!!
    If You don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Kentucky KM1500

Rob, thank you so much for sharing this resource! Now I have a wonderful winter break project! Your YouTube videos are great; I'm going to be setting up my Rogue so it's great to see what my instrument can become. As a graduate student, it means so much to me to be able to make the most out of what I can afford. Playing mandolin is my happy time and I can't wait to put a little love into my instrument.

Rob, thanks so much for the spectacular book! Everything I need to address is all there. Very plain and easy to understand the way you teach it. I'll be saving a bundle of money doing my own work thanks to you. Already you made my life easier by suggesting the petroleum jelly for my mandos nut that keeps sticking to the strings. I Was using the pencil graphite with so-so results, but the p-j really works nice. Now all I need to do is get my tools in order.

Thanks again for the great detailed educational.

Rob thanks for the selfless act This is a lifesaver for someone just starting out and really thorough in the descriptions.

Thanks again

My Florida is scooped pheffernan's Avatar

Allow me to add my belated thanks to the chorus, Rob. You have provided a valuable resource to the mandolin community at a price that we all can afford.
    1924 Gibson A Snakehead
    2005 National RM-1
    2007 Hester A5
    2009 Passernig A5
    2015 Black A2-z
    2010 Black GBOM
    2017 Poe Scout
    2014 Smart F-Style Mandola
    2018 Vessel TM5
    2019 Hogan F5

Quote Originally Posted by twangjunkie View Post
    I just received an book from Rob Meldrum about setting up my new Rover mandolin, and I must say there is alot of great informationinside the eBook. It definately showed me a few procedures that I missed when I set up my manolin. Thanks Rob for the info, if nyone was thinking about doing their own setup I would recommend looking at the eBook first, it is written so the layman can understand how to do the procedures themselves, and it sure beats having to pay someone to do the setup for you, not to mention doing your own setup really helps to familiarize you with your new or even "new" used mandolin, thanks again Rob.
    Rich
    Agreed. Rob just sent me a copy and I think his book is great.

Super useful... all though my recently acquired The Loar 520 was set up well, it was informative to use Rob's e-book to go over the new mandolin... thanks Rob!

RedKnucklesUnclesCousin GKWilson's Avatar

Rob does a great service free of charge to Cafe' members.
    If your able, donating a few bucks to the Cafe' would be a
    nice way to pay forward.
    vincit qui se vincit

I just received the ebook from Rob, who was very nice. The book has lots of informations and very well explained. A must have! Thanks a lot Rob

Front Porch & Sweet Tea NursingDaBlues's Avatar

Add another satisfied user to the ranks.

Sent Rob a request and it was in my inbox almost immediately. Terrific step-by-step tutorial—well thought out and well presented.

Many thanks, Rob!

Thanks, Rob, for so generously making your book available!

Certainly a labor of enthusiasm and good will. Thanks, Rob.