Thread: Three New Thile and Daves Videos

Default Three New Thile and Daves Videos

I think this is a perfect example of the sheer artistry and fun that Michael Daves has provided over the past 5 years at his regular gig here in NYC, Tuesday Night at the Rockwood Music Hall. It's the last song of the set, the audience is howling along, the boys are on fire and having a truly infectious great time. Forgive my erratic focus (I shot in near darkness), the audio's fine, though.

And if you're kind of obsessive about this sort of music, you can hear the boys play the song into the same microphone as part of a discussion of the Monroe Brothers. It's on the NPR Music site, here. (just scroll down)

Stop by some Tuesday night when you're in NYC. It's always a good time and you never know who may sit in. And subscribe to Michael's Youtube channel, michaeldavesmusic to hear about new videos as they post.
    BradKlein
    Morning Edition Host, WLVR News
    Senior Producer, Twangbox®
    Twangbox® Videos

Default Re: Three New Thile and Daves Videos

Artistry and fun indeed. Infectious performance. Thanks for posting your vid Brad.

Whoa Buddy!!!! We need that second CD from these guys!!!! Talk about driving bluegrass!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RB250 View Post
    Whoa Buddy!!!! We need that second CD from these guys!!!! Talk about driving bluegrass!!!!!
    The other 2 videos are not hard to find, but why not? (At first, I thought you were suggesting someone post the other videos. My mistake! But, yeah, another recording should be mandatory.)

Live is better. Energy is a lot more tangible. I also really liked Daves singing and I didn't see that coming. RB, hope you didn't miss them when they were in the area last September. Must See Bluegrass.
    Last edited by mandolino maximus; Jan-24-2012 at 1:23pm. Reason: To correct my reply
    I saw Homer & Jethro once. This mandolin therapy isn't helping me get over it.

'04 Andersen A (for keeps)
    Amateur Gibson F copy (for travel)
    Santa Rosa student model A (for the neighbor kids)

Registered User Rosemary Philips's Avatar

Amazing energy--I love watching them.