Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Compton - Rotten Taters

Default Re: Mike Compton - Rotten Taters

That's always tough. I'm thinking they are waiting to send them out in groupings. Otherwise they could be down at the post office every day.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

I think the first batch went out on Thursday.

Blog Entries

If I remember from when I used to webmaster Mike's site at the launch of the "Stomp" CD, Tater mails a lot of these himself. It's not like it's being shipped by Amazon. I ordered first day fully aware I may not see it for a few weeks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimRichter View Post
    If I remember from when I used to webmaster Mike's site at the launch of the "Stomp" CD, Tater mails a lot of these himself. It's not like it's being shipped by Amazon. I ordered first day fully aware I may not see it for a few weeks.
    Well, by golly, it came in the mail Saturday. Mike's elves must be working overtime

Blog Entries

Excellent recording and, in my opinion, the most significant recording of his career. By significant,I mean that Mike's singular genius is very clearly and authentically presented, representing the best of what many of us love about him. When I listen to Mike (and when I wanted to play like him), I could give a flip about Monroe (though I love Monroe). Mike's own voice is inimitable and that's what attracted me to him--not that he was the sage of all things Monroe. A wonderful recording and highly recommended.

hillbilly lion tamer Wilbur James's Avatar

I have always enjoyed Mikes approach, and this recording has it all, ancient tones, deep emotion, and powerful lonesome. This one is heartfelt and I recomend that everyone should experience this recording. Well done Mike Compton! Well done!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimRichter View Post
    Mike's own voice is inimitable and that's what attracted me to him--not that he was the sage of all things Monroe.
    I had the pleasure to see Mike play a solo show a couple months back, and boy was it a treat ... while it was something to watch him channel Bill, the awesome part was when he was Mike.

I'm eagerly awaiting mine, have been since he mentioned it at the show.
    Collings MT2
    Breedlove OF
    Ellie eMando
    Schmergl Devastator

Mike Compton manages to play well without ever coming across like he's being flashy. His playing serves the tunes perfectly. The best thing about this album is it kept inspiring me to reach for my instrument. I'm really pleased that he's managed to put together something so good - and I haven't even mentioned the fact that his singing is relaxed and works well with the material. If there's another album I'll be buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Tichenor View Post
    He still has the Gil F4. Paul is of course an exceptional builder.
    Does that mean he doesn't have the F5(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by blauserk View Post
    Does that mean he doesn't have the F5(s)?
    No he still does. I think he's got the Gil F5, F4 and a Duff 'dola and his new F5. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you are correct Mr. Fowler.

Just got the CD getting home from work. I put it on am enjoy every bit of it....nice early Christmas gift this Mando Man has bought for his self! Well done Mike Compton, and thanks Mandolin Cafe for posting the article so this CD could be purchased so easily... Merry Christmas and Happy, Prosperous New Year!

I have my copy and I love it! Mike shows us different tunings. I tried some of his tunes and found a whole new world of possibilities and sound opened up to me. I'm so glad I bought Mike's album.

Americanadian Andrew B. Carlson's Avatar

Mine just showed up! Autographed to boot! This is just an awesome album.
    Mandolin, Guitar, & Bass for Doug Rawling & The Caraganas
    www.dougrawling.com
    2008 Kentucky KM-1000
    2014 Martin D-28 Authentic 1937
    1964 Gibson LG-0
    2022 Sigma SDR-45VS

Thursday January 19, 7 pm MST there will be some airtime for Rotten Taters on Prairie Pickin', the CJSR radio station bluegrass show.
    http://cjsr.streamon.fm/

Man, I'm really hoping my copy comes this week. I ordered a copy the first day it was announced (9 Dec.) and I STILL haven't gotten it. The first one got lost in the mail and Mike assured me another copy is coming very soon! Can't wait!

mine made it through the italian post! - pleasant surprise and a miracle, all rolled into one!

Blog Entries

Happy to be the first to report that Mike's new recording Rotten Taters is now available as an MP3 download from CDBaby.com. Look for it in the near future on amazon as well along with some of his other recordings. For the first time in his career, Mike has someone really behind him helping with publicity--something many artists struggle with, and I'm glad to see him making progress in this area.